PDA

View Full Version : Flexible Heater Hoses

Topher1973
06-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I have a '05 Outback with a heater. I need to replace the 2 flexible heater hoses that come out to the passengers. I tried my dealer, but he said go to Home Depot. Has anyone had to replace these before and if so where did you purchase them. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

zabooda
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
You can go to Heatercraft.com and get replacements. I remember them being kinda spendy. The hose may be at the hardware store but all I have ever seen is the aluminum foil and white vinyl for dryer vents. The end fitting on the exhaust end is very difficult to remove so I would try to remove them first before buying hose. Heatercraft has them already installed on the hose.

volfo
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
You might also try skidim.com I just replaced my heater coil from them and they had it for $118. From heatercraft, the only thing I saw I could buy was a complete kit starting at over $400. Maybe if you call they would be more helpful.

kmcg
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I had to replace my heater hose after the dog torn one up this weekend. I found a much thicker walled tube at the RV store. RV sewer dump systems use the same diameter tubing. I bought a tube for about $15 and cut in in half. The only color available was blue, but beyond that it works great.

bergermaister
09-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I just replaced my some of my engine vent duct tubing/hose - same stuff as the heater hose outlets. I found it at a local marine engine service shop in both 3" and 4" diameter at $1.39 a ft and it came on a huge role so they cut it exactly to the length wanted. Pretty durable stuff.

I also have a travel trailer and using a sewer/water drain hose might work but that kind of creeps me out to think of it! No offense - kmcg! Sure it's brand new and clean. Just wouldn't be talking it up to my buddies or I'd never heard the end of it with the #%!@ hose...