PDA

View Full Version : throttle or perfect pass issue?

yager97
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

unfortunately it seems like most threads I start are in the service and repair section, wish I could get more time in the wakeboarding section!!! While out riding this weekend, something happened to either the throttle or perfect pass. When we went to pull up a rider, and pushed on the throttle, it did not engage till almost half way down, like something was stretched or pulled loose. it went down half way, and then would start to engage till it would feel like a click or something, at which point i said screw this and went back to the dock. anyone have anything similar like this happening? i'm thinking this may very well be a perfect pass issue.

jester
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have a few questions. Did you have your PP on. Did you try to go with out the PP system turned on if it was on? Did you turn off then back on your boat after the problem?

yager97
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
perfect pass was on when it happened. I did turn it on and off. i did not however turn perfect pass off, that would have helped the troubleshooting I imagine, I'm pertty certain it is a perfect pass issue

jester
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I had a PP issue on when i got up to speed it would kill all power to the engine until it was below speed then it would put it back to full power. My rider was not too happy about this problem. It was one of many problems and they had to replace the computer. The only good thing about a PP issue is you can still use your boat until you get it fixed.

I would say test the boat without PP turned on and see what happens.

fotoshack
06-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I had a similar problem this last weekend. My wife was pulling me and when she pushed the throttle forward nothing happened. I opened up the engine cover and found that the knob on the Perfect Pass servo motor had come loose. A couple of quick turns with a small allen wrench and we were back in business.

yager97
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Awesome, that sounds like the problem we are having. I'm hopin at least.....