PDA

View Full Version : First time owner, can't wait to pick it up!

KurtL
06-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello from Big Sky country! My wife and I just put our deposit down on a 08 Mobius LS. This is our first boat. I'll be driving 1200 miles round trip to pick it up this weekend. The anticipation is killing me! It feels like christmas as a seven year old all over again!!!

Kurt

Swamp Buggy
06-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Congrats!!! It will be well worth the drive. Welcome to the family.

jester
06-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats. I hope it is a nice weekend for you so you can get a few hours on it.

kaneboats
06-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome! Congrats! Get ready for lots of fun. If you need any help or info the folks on this board are the very best and most helpful anywhere. Welcome to the family!

tazz3069
06-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Congrats on the new boat. Welcome to the family. The long drive is just a short trip to having fun. Post some pictures when the new member arrives.
Just like kaneboats said about the members on this board. Ask a question and get lots of answers.

Hydrofoiljunky
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Kurt, Congrats. I'm also in Big Sky Country and also recently purchased a 08 Mobius LS :-) Small World Eh? Let me know where you are from. We are in Helena, and purchased from One Way Marine. 1200 Miles? Where did you buy that thing? :-) Oh One more thing. Your going to love it........

davidl
06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Kurt, Welcome to the Fam !!! Keep us in touch with some pics of your new toy!!
David

hiqualityH2O
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome Kurt! However I need to warn you about an immediate Moomba post purchase side affect - I believe the correct medical term is "Perma-Grin". Oh yeah and there's no cure!

KurtL
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the great welcomes guys! HQh2o my wife says I have already been infected. Smiles from ear to ear. Heading to Portland tomorrow afternoon to pick her up! HF junky we're in the Flathead valley. I was told that One Way wouldn't have any boats until July or August and we (I) couldn't wait. AWS in Portland had a great boat with most of the options we wanted.

I've learned so much already, this is a great forum!!!

Hydrofoiljunky
06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Kurt, travel safe and be sure to post some pictures when you get back...What color is your new baby? One Way sure doesn't have many boats to choose from. Matter of fact they didn't have one LSV or LS on hand when we were looking. We bought blind, and although it could of turned out to be a horrible decision, I assure you it is a great boat for the money, Your going to love it. Take care and try to keep it under a 100mph :-)

KurtL
06-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Just got back from picking up the boat (1220 miles). This thing is awesome!!! It's black and white with the tribal logo. I was able to water test it, first towboat experience and it lived up to expectations. My wife loves the boat.

So guys, water in the ski locker about 1/2 an inch under the mat. Is this normal? Dealer had boat outside (rain?)and had detailed (hose?) before I picked it up. Also about the same under engine. Is there more than the one main engine compartment plug on the LS?

Pictures to come may be next week. Everyone have a great Father's Day.

Kurt

tazz3069
06-15-2008, 09:21 PM
It should have an automatic bildge pump in it. If it doesn't, just hit the builge pump switch. Sounds like the water that is in your boat is from the water they used to clean the boat. Nothing to worry about. Happy Fathers Day and Welcome to the family. Post pics ASAP.
Mark