PDA

View Full Version : Orange 05

Zihuatanejo
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
here is my Orange 05 outback in Park Rapids Minnesta. I took my first ride this weekend.

04OUTBACK
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Great looking boat! Love the orange!

tazz3069
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice looking boat. I am really evnious of everyone that has a lake in there backyard. I live in the desert and the lake is 1 hr away and is 100' below normal level. SUCKS!!!!!

Zihuatanejo
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks, I had to convince everyone that orange was a good color. It still isn't for some people but I really like it. It is great having a lake to go to. The pictures are at the cabin and thats a four hour drive but worth it.

freyse
06-09-2008, 11:58 PM
I have the same colour on a 2005 outback great boat , get lots of positive response from people on the look of the boat , also have the shore station lift but minus the canopy . How close can you get the canopy to the boat with the tower up was thinking of getting a canopy , or is it better cover with a snap down?

c.rix
06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I love that color! My next moomba will be sunset/black for sure

Zihuatanenjo did you guys have any damage from the storms last week? The storms were north of our cabin on long lake so no damage at our place!

deerfield
06-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Zihuatanejo - If it had a little blue, we'd make you an honorary member of the U of I Fighting Illini. Like the orange! - Deerfield

Freyse - With the tower up, our Outback has about 24 inches between hull and water and 10 inches between tower and canopy. See below. - Deerfield

jeffandkaren
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
What lake are you on ?? we used to go to Big Sand, but now have a cabin in Wisconsin. Park Rapids is awesome. thats a great color combo!

Zihuatanejo
06-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Freyse- We can get under the canopy and wind the boat up enough to get it out of the water with the tower up, if it is going to rain or we are leaving for the weekend we put the tower down and wind it all the way up.

C.rix- we had no damage at all at our place but I guess a couple miles away there was a lot damage. If the winds get high enough those canopys can act like sails and cause a lot of problems.

Zihuatanejo
06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
jeffand karen- we are on Big Stony off of county 11 in park rapids. I really like the town too, it is small but has everything you need.

Deerfeild- I appreciate the offer but maroon and gold are my colors.I Have to be proud of those Gophers, its not every team that can win one game a year, most can at least win two just by accident. That is why I stick to Hockey.

freyse
06-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Just wondering when you put your tower down for say the weekend do you lay a 2x4 across your bow to hold the tower up, this is so you can lower your canopy and raise the boat up? Also would a person be able to crawl under the canopy to get into the boat when boat is raised and canopy is lowered?

Zihuatanejo
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
We just put the throwable cushion that is reqired to be in the boat in Minnesota between the tower and the bow. When the tower is down the boat will tuck right under th canopy and keep the rain and sun out. There is plenty of room to move around under the canopy when the boat is down you can't stand up but you can finish getting any life jackets and ropes that you forgot. When the tower is up we can just miss the frame of the canopy, we use a bungy to hold the flap of the canopy up so the ski hook doesnt hook it (again). Our main concern is keeping the sun out so it dosn't fade the paint. We had a burgundy runabout without a canopy and it was pink when we sold it,the sun does a lot of damage.

04OUTBACK
06-12-2008, 10:35 PM
check with fellow moomba board member yellowmobius Bruce makes a product called rackjack for forward folding towers...
[email protected]