PDA

View Full Version : center ski locker ballast Issue

jmvotto
06-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Ballast not filling, some water in it, but not outflow as well. I can hear the pump working both inflow and outflow. I store it in a lift. How long should it take to fil 1 minute 10 minutes. ?? It is the stock ballast with the oBV 07

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

cab13367
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Joe,

Did you prime the pump? Every time that the boat has been out of the water, the pump loses it's prime. So you have to drive about 20mph and then turn on the pump. After that, you can fill while sitting until the next time you take it out of the water.

Al

VA LSV
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
When stored on a lift you loose the prime to the ballast fill. You need to have the boat under way to force water to the pump. I store in a lift and start filling while I motor to the end of the cove and by the time the 1st rider is ready, the ballast is full.

jmvotto
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
i tried it at a slower speed and not sucessful, so w I will try at 20 or above,

Thanks for the info.

Got another couple hrs on the boat, absolutely love it, too windy to board & ski on sunday, but a sure head turner, Our lake is filled withy runabouts, larsons and four winns.

04OUTBACK
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
JV,
Make sure the bag is burped of air... Mine was about half full of air this weekend.. trailering blows a little air in there.. everyone else is spot on. get it up on a plane and it should fill... I assume you hear the pump running and that's not the issue..

jmvotto
06-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Yes, the pumps work, I just need to get it primed, since it goes on the lift every night. I will give it a try thurs or friday.