PDA

View Full Version : Blower and Wake Plate Issues

calpal10
06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey all, the blower on our boat quit working recently so we dug into it last weekend while changing the fluids and it had fallen from its mounting position down into the bottom of the engine compartment where i'm assuming it got wet and shorted out. No biggy, i'll get a new fan. But the question is, where is it mounted, or where should i mount it? I've got an 03 LSV.

Question 2: the wakeplate on our boat will go all the way up (to the 0%) but will only go down to just past 50%. Why is it not going all the way down? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

slalomskier
06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Check the fluid level in the reservoir. If it doesn't have enough fluid, the pump will not be able to generate enough pressure to overcome the return spring - default position is up.

calpal10
06-13-2008, 11:37 AM
so i just got done reading the manual about the wake plate, and it specifically said that the plate will only go to 50%. why the heck would they have a gauge that read all the way to 100% on something that wont function that far? It just doesnt seem logical that the wake plate wont go past 50%, thats the whole purpose of it. Is this really the case?

VA LSV
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
The gauge reads the 0 to 100% position of the right actuator so it sounds like you are not getting full stroke. Check the fluid level with the plate all the way up. Fill with ATF fluid. Check for leaks at the actuator shafts. Contact Bennett Trim Tabs for free replacement o-rings if you have a leak.

cab13367
06-13-2008, 08:49 PM
so i just got done reading the manual about the wake plate, and it specifically said that the plate will only go to 50%. why the heck would they have a gauge that read all the way to 100% on something that wont function that far? It just doesnt seem logical that the wake plate wont go past 50%, thats the whole purpose of it. Is this really the case?

cal,

That is odd. The wakeplate on my 2006 LSV goes the full range from full down to full up, at least according to what the gauge says.

Al