PDA

View Full Version : Moomba on my mind

Kidder
06-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Hola,

I am thinking about selling my 07 Sea Ray 195 Sport and getting a Mobius LS or Outback. I'm leaning towards the Mobius because I would like to start wakeboarding. Currently, I only slalom (and pull tubers).

My wife and I are going to the local shop this Friday to peruse the boats in person.

Here's a pic of my Sea Ray. We really like it a lot but I'd rather have a towboat. :)

http://www.juddemerson.com/boat/images/port_bow.jpg

Rest of the pics are here: Clicky (http://www.juddemerson.com/boat)

tazz3069
06-08-2008, 04:29 PM
You will very happy with the Moomba. I have the 07' LSV and love it. I also slalom. My son does both Slalom and wakeboard. The boat is great for both.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/MoombaBoat.jpg

c.rix
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I love my 07 outback v, and yes the outback is more than enough boat for wakeboarding. Get the three bag gravity setup, and you will be happy. We even surf behind ours and the wake is plenty big ~ waist high and im 6'3

Kidder
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I love my 07 outback v, and yes the outback is more than enough boat for wakeboarding. Get the three bag gravity setup, and you will be happy. We even surf behind ours and the wake is plenty big ~ waist high and im 6'3

Well, I was convinced on an direct-drive until I looked at the Outback V. Now, I'm really going to have to do my homework! Slalom is my first priority followed by wakeboarding. I haven't done any wake surfing but I would like to try that some day too.

:confused:

Limishowman3
06-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I have an outback DD and the wake is plenty good for wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. The only thing I can say about the difference between the mobius and outback is, what type of lake are you on? If your on a big one with alot of rough water like I experienced this weekend, the outback is probably not the way to go. I mostly ride on the river where we glass water 24/7 so the outback is the way we went. that my .03

Kidder
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I have an outback DD and the wake is plenty good for wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. The only thing I can say about the difference between the mobius and outback is, what type of lake are you on? If your on a big one with alot of rough water like I experienced this weekend, the outback is probably not the way to go. I mostly ride on the river where we glass water 24/7 so the outback is the way we went. that my .03

GREAT INFO. I'm in the North Texas area and we're on lakes that are pretty much wide open with very little wind protection. I'm going to have to test drive both, I guess. I am leaning towards the Mobius because it already includes the tower and ballast (Gravity 1).

Limishowman3
06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
We were up in Gun Barrel City, at my uncles lake house, thats like SE of Dallas about a hr. It was rough out there, mostly like you said no wind protection and no natural banks to calm the wakes when they bounce from them, so it makes it really choppy out there. Saw a Mobius XLV out there and it had no problems taking the wakes. You will notice if you go to slow with the outback DD and maybe V that wakes approaching the front will flow in to the boat. Scared the hell out of me this weekend, cuz I was just gonna get a lil water in to get my cousin's wet, but then it seemed like the nose kept diving and had to punch it to pull it out of the water. I sure love that ice chest in the boat, open it up and most of the water goes straight in there. We paid 31K for our outback DD with tower, racks, trailer.

Kidder
06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
So, is the Mobius LS for me or perhaps the Outback V?

Priorities in order:
Slalom
Wakeboarding
Pleasure cruise usage

Since I'm in Texas with wide open lakes, will the Mobius perform better in rougher water?

The prices seem similar with the Mobius LS being slightly cheaper than an Outback with tower and ballast system. I'm going to the dealer Friday and want to be prepared.

Kidder
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Well darn, looks like a Moomba is not in my near future.

Apparently, the market for I/Os is not very good and we can't get close on the trade. Oh well, maybe next year!

SEARK
06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
You may do better if you try and sell your boat out right. I know I did.

Kidder
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Yep, I'm trying that too.

kaneboats
06-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Kidder, you're best market for your boat is someone who already has a boat. Almost everybody with a boat is looking to move up at some point. I've bought my last two before I sold the current one. Used Craigslist last time and paid no advertising. Good luck!

Kidder
06-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Kidder, you're best market for your boat is someone who already has a boat. Almost everybody with a boat is looking to move up at some point. I've bought my last two before I sold the current one. Used Craigslist last time and paid no advertising. Good luck!

I agree. In fact, it's already on Craigslist. :)

Kidder
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh how quickly things change. We were able to get a good price on my trade and a good price on the Mobius LS. Looks like I'll be taking delivery of a Moomba very soon. :)

moombadaze
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
welcome the clan Kidder

tazz3069
06-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Good things come to those who want a Moomba. Cangrats on the new boat. Post those pictures when you get her home.