PDA

View Full Version : Toy Hauler

deerfield
06-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Our version of a "toy hauler." Probably different than Sled's version that carries gas-powered toys and is the real thing. Got this at Costco for $550. Cargo box is from Sears. The two black boxes are from the Container Store. All bolted down to the trailer frame so they are somewhat theft proof when closed and locked. Keeps the car clutter free on the drive to and from the lake. No worry about forgetting something at home 'cause it's all in the trailer. Even have room for the four five-gallon gas containers. Boat is on a lift at a lake without marina service. Can tow this little gem behind just about anything.

deerfield
06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
More pics of the toy hauler

ian ashton
06-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Thats pretty cool. Our marina allows you to have a dock-box, so I stash most of our stuff in there, and I just leave the wakebaords in my car. I have a Chrysler 300, so the trunk is big enough for about 14 dead bodies, or all of my wakeboard/ski stuff, haha.

bamaspiveys
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Someone more OCD than me.

I catch so much crap from friends on my stuff and how organized it all is.

I like it!

Sled491
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Deerfield, for a minute I thought that was a cheap shot, but I'm over it. Great idea, are you going to have to bring 2 cars to the jamboree now? ha ha

PS here are some lake house update pics. Trusses all up now and custom roof ordered, should be in mid next week.

deerfield
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Sled - Thanks for the pics. My guess is that large windows will be installed on each side of the fireplace for a view of the lake. Can't tell from the pics if there will be a second floor loft or open ceiling. What's the plan? What's your move-in target date? - Deerfield

Sled491
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Yep on both counts, those are the traps for viewing from the master bedroom in the loft area.

I have the french glass doors for each side of the fireplace out there ready to be installed as well. My window supplier just went out of business in WI so I have to find a new supplier to get my windows through or they would be on order as well.

I'm shooting for maybe a few fall corn roasts and maybe a weekend or two, but the real goal is for next summer. As soon as the kids are done school for the year we will move out there for the summer.