PDA

View Full Version : 03 Mobius questions

Kent and Carol
09-20-2003, 07:18 AM
I am looking at buying a 03 Mobius LSV and have a few questions for anyone with input...1) Has anyone had any problems with the 01,02 or 03 mobius decal on the side of the boat? It is quite large and if the boat has the ballast full a large portion of the decal is in the water and as I leave our boat in the water for up to a week at a time I see this might be a potential problem in a couple of years( I see the more expensive boats have the graphics painted in to the gelcoat)
2) Any input on the difference between the 03 and 04 LSV besides graphics?
3)Having not owned a V drive yet any input on maintenance difficulties like checking shaft alignment changing v drive oil, belt inspections ect... 4)any additional LSV input good or bad appriciated thanks. K.

redlob
09-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I have a mobius lsv only had it about a month and do not leave in water.We had small problems did notice decal is not even on both sides. moomba decal on cover backwards.other than that a great boat,

db7
09-29-2003, 11:03 AM
You can always opt not to have the decals put on your boat, or get the Moomba oval, its alot smaller then the splash decal. When I ordered mine I had them give me the oval instead of the splash.

Just a thought!

Bfrank
09-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Redlob,
My cover also has Moomba stiched upside down.
I also ordered mine without graphics on it, I wanted to see what it looked like without. Turned out they didn't have the new 04 graphics in stock when my boat was done anyway. They are mailing them to me. I got to tell ya it looks sweet without graphics, very clean.

Kent and Carol
09-30-2003, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the input and pictures. Trading in our 03 outback for the 03 mobius lsv. Test drove the lsv yesterday and it is the real deal; great ski wake and wow what a wake for wakeboarding this boat is no comparison to the outback for a switch boat. If you want a ski boat get a Moomba Outback We put 90 hours on it since mid june and the boat did not miss a single beat.Hopeing for the same from the LSV.

1moomba
10-04-2003, 09:28 PM
I HAVE A 02 MOBIUS LSV AND LEAVE THE BOAT IN THE WATER ALL SEASON LONG.I TAKE IT OUT EVERY 3 WHEEKS TO CLEAN THE BOTTOM.I HAVE HAD OTHER BOATS IN THE PAST WITH WATERLINE DECALS AND NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM.I HAVE ORDERD A NEW MOOMBA AND MINE IS FOR SALE.CHECK IT OUT ON THE BULLETIN BOARD AS I GET A NEW BOAT ABOUT EVERY TWO YEARS OR E MAIL [email protected] FOR INFO. GOOD LUCK STEVE