PDA

View Full Version : All Black 08 LSV

Birdman_08_LSV
06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello Everyone,
I was going to wait until after I was finished adding some decals before I posted any pictures, but I’m just so stoked with the way that the boat turned out as is that I wanted to post some pictures now. I didn’t see a lot of pictures of all black Moombas when I was looking around on here, but I still really wanted to go with the all black. Now I’m really happy that I did. I was really worried about the black getting hot, but it's been ok. I mean, anything gets really hot in the sun over time. The black of the deck doesn’t seem to get any more hot then the white of the seats. Now trying to keep the black looking clean, that’s another issue. I’ll be posting more pictures when I’m all done with it, but for now I just wanted to post a few pictures for everyones feedback as well as give some ideas to anyone who is still thinking about what colors they want to go with. Enjoy and please let me know what you think.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=29&pictureid=200

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=29&pictureid=198

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=29&pictureid=197

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=29&pictureid=195

jkendall79
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Nice boat Birdman! I really like the solid black. I agree with Ed, removing the decals and tinting the windshield would look sick!!

Birdman_08_LSV
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks! I’m not sure about taking the stickers off. I like having them on there. I agree that it would look sweet, but it’s just not the look I’m going for. However, the idea about tinting the windows sounds great. I’m going to look into that a little more. Thanks again for the input.

Razzman
06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Yup. stealth allright! :)

ATLOUTBACKV
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
did they do the tower at the dealership? that is the baddest ass moomba coloe scheme ever

deerfield
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Bridman - I like it! Either way, billboard or stealth, you can't go wrong with that boat of yours. Tinted windows would be cool. Enjoy! - Deerfield

Birdman_08_LSV
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
did they do the tower at the dealership? that is the baddest ass moomba coloe scheme ever

Thank you! Yes, the dealership made sure that the tower was powder coated as soon as it came in. They have also helped me to order a decal kit for the boat. The team at Waterski Boats Dallas has done a great job!

tazz3069
06-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Great Looking boat. Imagine, you go all black and you will have the new water version of the Bat Boat. LOL
Tazz

tarkus70
06-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Very nice It's sweet

gsi09907
06-06-2008, 09:44 PM
very nice, tint those windows and stealth is in.... either way it's really cool and let me know if you have any secrets on keeping the black clean, it is a bit time consuming

Sled491
06-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Wicked just Wicked!!

I wouldn't want to keep her clean though!

04XLV
06-07-2008, 09:04 PM
All I can say is damn

csmsk
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I've never been too big on powder coated towers, but your set up is SWEET!!! That was the only way to go IMO. Nice boat... Congrats.

P.S. - I'm voting for dark tinted windows also.

Hammer
06-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Birdman that is a very nice looking boat!! All i can say is get a bottle of half water and half vinager.I have a uper black and orange 08 LSV I bought from water ski of Dallas all tyhe guys are great.Black isnt that bad it will show scracthes got my first one putting it in garage.Are you going to do any LED'S ?nice boat though

HAMRIT!

Birdman_08_LSV
06-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Birdman that is a very nice looking boat!! All i can say is get a bottle of half water and half vinager.I have a uper black and orange 08 LSV I bought from water ski of Dallas all tyhe guys are great.Black isnt that bad it will show scracthes got my first one putting it in garage.Are you going to do any LED'S ?nice boat though

HAMRIT!
Yeah man, I use vinager and water also. I go about 2/3's RO water and 1/3 vinager. Our tap water here is really hard so it would look just as bad as the lake water. (LOL) But it really works great. It takes about an hour to clean the whole boat up with one other person. But I don't mind the extra work to have it look the way I want. About the LED's, I haven't made up my mind yet. I will if I have a reason to. I'll have to start using the boat at night more. Right now I wouldn't get any use out of them. But thanks for the heads up on the water/vinager. Good to know I'm not the only person using it.

Razzman
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Babe's Boat Brite right off the ramp dirty or not and it always looks good. I use large microfiber towels only so as not to scratch, 30 minutes by my self. ;)

csmsk
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I'll second everything Razzman just said!!! That's what I use.

tazz3069
06-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Razzman--
Were do you get those towels?

eholmes33
06-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Nice boat Birdman!! I am thinking about buying a new lsv, but havent made up my mind yet! If u get a chance let me know how u like it! If u are interested in tinting your boat let me know- I have been doing window tint since 97 and work in dallas, nice boat man!!

moombadaze
06-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Ed, wait till the tampa jamboree, ive got Jorge with jcwindowtint going to be there and ive got his price down to about $50-60 to tint boat windows--about 1/2 price

stacy

sorry just remembered your going to be boatless for that one

bamaspiveys
06-12-2008, 07:22 AM
I like the black on black, would like to see a shot from above. Not so sure on stealth mode, call me old fashion, but a ski boat is just supposed to have a huge splash on the side, so I'd keep the decals and probably add more. A white Roo under the LSV would be a cool addition.

Enjoy the boat, and buy stock in a boat polish company, cause your gonna use a ton of it!

vkkovach
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
My LSV also has a black deck,and I agree it is soo hard to keep clean.I use a product called boat wax plus,its about $20 a bottle but it keeps it looking very nice.

Razzman
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Razzman--
Were do you get those towels?

Sorry Tazz! Just saw this. I get them from Target in the automotive section, i got mine on a 2 for 1 deal so i picked up 6 so i'd always have a clean one. Costo also has a 6-pk online only for $30 I think. Also at Costco is a 20pk of small micro's for the dash and such for $10.

tazz3069
06-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Razzman--
Thanks for the info.

cab13367
06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Babe's Boat Brite right off the ramp dirty or not and it always looks good. I use large microfiber towels only so as not to scratch, 30 minutes by my self. ;)

So who's got the best price on Babe's Boat Bright?

Thanks,

Al