PDA

View Full Version : who's going/camping-atlanta reunion

moombadaze
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
just wondering who all is going to the reunion and if so are you camping at shoal creek?

stacy

ATLOUTBACKV
06-07-2008, 09:03 AM
my dock is across from shoal creek camp ground.

kaneboats
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll be there Fri. evening. Site 094.

moombadaze
06-09-2008, 09:20 AM
kane, what age are your kids?
my daughter is 9-just hoping she will have a play buddie

stacy

moombadaze
06-09-2008, 09:26 AM
AUTOUTBACKV--come on over for the beach bonfire friday night--we'll be at spot 93 kinda close to the boat ramp

kaneboats
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Daughter 14, daughter 9 almost 10, twins sons 8, daughter 4, son almost 3. Your 9 y/o will definitely like Meghan. Bob's daughter can vouch- they were instant buds when we were out there.

Show her this pic that won a contest at the dentist's office last year:

Swamp Buggy
06-11-2008, 12:18 AM
We will be there. Site 69. We have two boys 6 & 3.

kaneboats
06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Swamp- I've got em just about every age so they'll sure have somebody to hang with.

Swamp Buggy
06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I am sure the kids will have a blast and we cant wait!!!!

moombadaze
06-11-2008, 10:14 AM
sounds like everyones kids are going to have lots of play buddies, is anyone bringing there tubes for kids to ride?

kaneboats
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I will bring either my big tube (can hold all 6 kids at once) or my hot dog that holds 2-3 kids and they can ride on top.

The floor in my big tube has a hole next to a seam. I can't make a patch stay on it. Does anybody have a good technique for patching this stuff? I'm all ears. Thanks!

I also have a ski-board my Dad made that lets a kid who is not old enough to wakeboard stand up and ride. I'll bring that too.

moombadaze
06-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Pat, i may need to have my girl try that ski board, shes been trying to wakesurf and has gotten so close--that may be the help we need if you dont mind.

bet that hotdog is fun going over waves
ive got 2 disk style tubes that we ride and a single 2 person that we just got but dont like to much.

stacy

kaneboats
06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Absolutely! She'll love it and then get bored (or is it board) with it and move to the wakeboard or something else.

Have you ever seen the pair of kids skis that's connected at the top with an arc between the two skis? It's a training device. That contraption would spray the kids in the face all the time. So my Dad glassed in the center of it between the skis so it's all one board. You just put your belly, your knees or your feet on it, grab the handle and GO. It's a blast. There's two things I love about it. 1. It's very easy to start using and eventually to stand on and it lets kids get used to riding behind the boat at the end of a rope. 2. They really do get bored with it after about a season or so and are ready to do the next thing whether it be wakeboard, ski or whatever.

If you really, really like it I may have an extra one I can borrow you for a while when I see you in Aug. My Dad made the first one and my brother left it with me. I think he then made another one but my brother's boys have outgrown it. If it's still around I can bring it in Aug. Dad lives in Clearwater so we can get it back easy when she outgrows it. I'll check to see where it is. My brother is headed over there from Vero Beach this w/e for Father's Day.