PDA

View Full Version : Approach for HS Backroll

LSV04
06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
When you guys cut in for a HS backroll-are you leaning real hard against the line at takeoff? Or do you approach it like a wake jump and then look over your lead shoulder after the pop? Im a bit confused. I can do em on the trampoline and I've been close to landing an air roll air (no wake). I really have to dig the edge in to get thrown into the rotation so I was wondering if I should use that same approach when at the wake? or should I not load the line as much using the wake? I havent tried it off the wake yet. Thanks.

JesseC
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
When I do these, I use a slightly crouched position (middle position) when I get near the top of the wake, I jam the board down while standing tall really hard. I keep the handle in close with my chin on the lead shoulder. As you stand tall,let the board float out behind you and the rest just happens. I also find that if I cut really hard I end up doing a "whip" style back roll that looks similar to a raley. At takeoff, my body position is almost vertical.

Chefwong
06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
when your doing this trick wake to wake, just take the same approach you would use to do a normal w2w jump. Do a couple solid wake to wakes then go for it.

guinsha54
06-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree with chefwong, you want to take a steady normal edge just like a normal wake to wake jump. If your rotation is correct then you will land in the same position as when you took off. So try to have a good progressive edge and stand tall at the wake “not leaning to far back” and you should be good to go.

LSV04
06-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys-I finally got my nerve up and went for it.It was so much easier taking a normal wake to wake cut.I think keeping the handle in kept up the rotation too. You really sail. I put the board down on most but I am landing very straight legged which is making the board bounce out from under me.I just cant think when Im in the air,everything goes black and I just land. I took one nasti crash and bruised my ribs OUCH!!!But most crashes the board hit the water first and it was a soft wreck.