PDA

View Full Version : Depth Guage ---

slacker
06-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Morning folks,

Hit a bit of a stumbling block here with the depth gauge on an '07 LSV.

Short of it is "it doesn't work". Why is the question...

The gauge is consistently showing "---" on the dash. After some investigation under the dash, it has what i believe to be power (red and black wires), however there is an extra wire that leaves the dash-mounted unit that splits into 3; these wires don't currently connect to anything and are just dangling. Can anyone w/ an 07 (or similar) factory depth gauge setup confirm what is / is not supposed to be connected to the back of the faceplate?

After flipping through the forum, thought maybe I had a transducer problem. Understand its supposed to look like a "puck" in the engine compartment. Anyone w/ an LSV able to provide any insight as to where in the engine compartment the transducer is supposed to be? Went on a bit of a hunt for it, but couldn't track it down.

Pictures, comments, otherwise always appreciated.

Thanks folks,

Slacker

Wake Master
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I have an 07 XLV and mine is located below the V drive on the hull. I has the same problem and I found the epoxy had broke loose. I needed to have it remounted.

Aquaholic
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I am having the same problem with my 05 XLV. It has just started to do this after having no issue before. I shoot a pic of the puck and I'll check it is if mine is loose too. Funny to see this post as I was going to ask the same question.

Aqua, pic's to come

Aquaholic
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Here is the puck picture....I can't find where the problem is. Only thing I know to do is replace the unit and see if that fixes it.

Aquaholic
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
A little update on the depth guage problem. I call and talked with Ken from Beede, who is the tech rep for Beede. I told him my problem with the guage and what I had done to try and trouble shoot. He said that since my read-out was giving some info that it was not the guage that was a problem with transom puck.

Lowrance is the maker of the depth guage for Beede and then Beede places a white trim cover over the glass to match the other guages. The puck part number is a Airmar P17.

The important fact to consider here is that SC gives us a one year warranty on the interior stuff. I was told that Beede gives SC a 3 year guaranty on their stuff that they sell to them. So I called my dealer and had them try to see what SC would do in regards to replacement.

Answers always no if you don't ask, right? Anyway if I get a resolution I will pass it on to all.

Aqua

mvd
07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Had the same problem. After 4 hours the puck came loose on my new 2007 LSV. After it was glued on the hull again it worked fine

slacker
07-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey Folks,

Thanks for the pictures and responses! Ended up taking our LSV back to the dealer for 10hr service and having him look at a few things while we were there, first and foremost the depth gauge.

The reason behind the --- on the gauge? No puck! Seems it was "borrowed' or didnt' make it into the boat in the first place when it was delivered from SC. That said, they're sending up a tech to our lake to have the puck installed, radio replaced (as wired remotes don't work), and one or two other "minor" items...

Thanks!