PDA

View Full Version : Outback vs LSV

Kent and Carol
09-18-2003, 01:29 PM
We are seriously considering trading in our Outback for an Outback LSV or Mobius LSV. Were hoping that this style V-Drive might eliminate the constant spray over the bow in windy conditions and the occasional problem of alot of water coming over the bow when people are sitting in the bow. Any comments as to how the LSV's ride in the rougher water?

jburnside
09-19-2003, 07:14 AM
By switching to a V-Drive (increased weight in stern of boat)you will notice an increase in bow height when moving slowly (turning around to pick-up down riders), I assume this is when you are experiancing the water over the bow problem. You should also notice a somewhat drier ride when under power because the bow will ride a bit higher and there might be a little more freeboard on the LSV's. I own an Outback LS and we have been close to getting water over the bow, but if you power-up slightly the bow raises and you should be able to get through most chop and rollers without swamping the boat. As for spray coming in the boat while under power, my family digs it. Isn't that why were on the water anyway... to get wet? If your'e looking for a new boat, look at the new '04 Moomba XLV. It sits considerably higher in the water. Good luck.

Kent and Carol
09-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the input, could not agree more with the enjoyment of spray when in the fresh water but unfortunately we are experiencing this problem while boating in salt water. Hate to see the inside of the boat covered with salt spray!!! Thanks again.

latchkey
09-19-2003, 09:27 AM
We have the mobius lsv which is basically same as outback lsv and love it. Haven't noticed any spray beyond what I would say is normal for any boat in choppy water. We usually ride at about 30 or so which keeps the bow up nicely. If you are loaded with fat sacs there is going to be more spray obviously. Hope this helps.

Also the hydraulic wake plate which you can get can help keep the bow up also.

sextons
09-19-2003, 03:17 PM
We have a mobius lsv and even when loaded with 1,600 lbs of ballast and 6 people we do not get any water or much spray.

Kent and Carol
09-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Great, that is what were hoping for, thanks for the response.

mtvfiremedic
10-04-2003, 04:21 PM
hey there.. i have a 2002 LSV and currently only use 2 300# side sacs... where do you put your 1600#?.. 2 540's in the sides and a 500# in the locker???. does it fit?.. what brand are you using.. thanks for the info

sextons
10-06-2003, 11:25 AM
We're running the 3 stock bags that they say is about 900 lbs and then have 2 v drive sacks @ 350. We just throw them in the middle and eveyone puts their feet on them as foot rests. We're thinking of throwing another sack on top of the ski locker for next year. The extra sacs take up a lot of space but everyone we boat with loves to ride so it's not an issue and they make nice foot rests. We've got all our boards on the racks so the side lockers are pretty much just sacs.

latchkey
10-07-2003, 09:40 AM
sextons,

Running that weight have you set the perfect pass to adjust faster. Mine is set on 80 now. I'm going to set mine higher because with that much weight the boat takes longer to get the speed to stop fluctuating up and down.

sextons
10-07-2003, 11:20 AM
No we haven't adjusted PP yet but that's a good idea, I never even thought of that I just figured my wife had found a new way to mess around with the speed while I was riding......