PDA

View Full Version : boat cover to fit over tower mounts

james
06-02-2008, 12:33 AM
I need to modify my cover and I have a 2001 Outback with a after market tower. I feel I can make 4 holes and modify with velcro or zippers to fit over the 4 mounts. My challenge is the draw string. My only solution is to cut in those 4 places and tie each time so that then I can draw it tight in the back. Without the obvious answer of take the tower down each time, has anyone any solution?

Thanks

silverski
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm planning on installing an after market tower this weekend as well and will end up with the same problem. I don't use my cover a lot. Primarily over the winter in the garage, and a few times when I go to a cabin where I cover at night on the trailer. I realize that it is not ideal, but wondering how bad it fits to just keep the cover inside of the tower and tie down. Seems like it would still keep the moisture out if you got some rain????

james
06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
It really does not fit to bad even with the three poles to help water run off. I just do not want the hassle to take tower down all the time. I am fortunate enough to have a lift and I am ordering 6' poles for my canopy so that i can just pull into my lift and not take the tower down, but still want to protection of the cover for during the week.
By the way I purchased a Monster tower and have been happy with it and they are great with customer service. For what it is worth.

maxpower220
06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
The stock cover has detactable drawstring in it. Each section has a loop on one end and a a small plastic hook tied on the other end. It would be very easy to do that, probably easier than cutting the holes for the tower. The stock cover has velcro around the leg mounts of the tower, but you may not need that because water would naturally drain down anyway.

zegm
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Like Max said the stock cover has little plastic clips and loops in the cord. I think it is awesome. You might call Great Lakes Boat Tops to see if they can help you. I will be honest with you it is one of the best engineered covers I have ever seen. I was totally impressed with it when I first saw it. It also has a cool ratchet device to pull the draw string taunt.

zabooda
06-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Take a look at the picture I posted at: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5324

The drawstring would only need to be cut once on each side.

james
07-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I ended up cutting, adding velcro, and for the draw string I went and purchased some snap swivels (They are the big ones that I cut off a metal fish stringer). I have been using for awhile now and it is working great.