PDA

View Full Version : Appearance Package

jkendall79
06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I have a 2007 Outback and I was wondering if a Moomba dealer can install the appearance package (docking lights, pop-up cleats, stainless rub-rail), or does this have to be done at the factory? Anyone know if this can be done, and about how much would it cost?

04OUTBACK
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
pop up cleats are no issue for a dealer to add. neither are docking lights.. but they aren't worth it.. I used mine at night a few weeks ago, and they are truly docking lights.. nothing else. not headlights!
I am sure they can add the SS rubrail as well.. they just screw on .. there was a member on here who changed theirs out on an all blue one to a White rail.. looked nice

maxpower220
06-02-2008, 04:01 PM
You can install the pop up cleats ($40-60 each), if you shop around you can find them for a decent price. Installation is straight forward with minimal tools. The logo post covers ($20-60) are an easy slip on; Moomba charges a lot for theirs so shop elsewhere. I agree that the lights ($200-300) are not worth it, but they are fairly easy to install. They do look good on the boat, but really serve no purpose unless you load your boat at night a lot. The rub rail can be changed, but you really might need someone else to do that to ensure that you don't crease it during install.

deerfield
06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
J - On my '07 Outback, docking lights have no practical purpose. I keep my boat on a lift at the lake. But, they add to the boat's general appearance. With respect to the pop-up cleats, they are pretty neat. When pushed down flush with the deck, they avoid someone accidently getting hurt. We opted to forego the stainless steel rub rail in favor of the more practical rubber rail. All three items (lights, cleats, and rub rail) were part of the boat order and I believe came to the dealer already installed by the factory. Docking lights: $295. Pop-up cleats: $295. Rub rail: included in Outback base price of $26,995. - Deerfield

zegm
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
We ordered the appearance package on our 08 LS and it does look great! I would have to say that the pop up cleats are our favorite and most useful item. I have only tried the lights once and for going down our canal at idle speed when it is getting dark it does help somewhat but like everyone says they are not Headlights. Depending on the color scheme of your boat I wouldn't be able to say if the stainless rail will make it look better or not. We have the brittany hull and it really offsets it and makes it look great! So in my mind one of the 2 options is functional (cleats) and the others are pretty much appearance items.

jester
06-11-2008, 12:37 AM
I would say forget about everything else and just get the pop up cleats. These are very useful and help to avoid the rope from getting caught or a person from hitting and causing injury to them self. I looked at all three options but only got the pop up cleats.

hiqualityH2O
06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I have to say the docking lights have been great for us. We sometimes get off the lake at dusk or dark and the lights are great for lighting up the back of the vehicle and winch when loading.