PDA

View Full Version : Boarding & Baptizing :-) Memorial Day Party

bobwells
05-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Good clean fun ! Church never was this fun when I was a kid ! We are Blessed !

04OUTBACK
06-01-2008, 08:40 AM
That's awesome Bob.
When I had a bike, I went to a Blessing of the Bikes... on the Miss Gulf Coast, they always had a blessing of the fleet (Shrimp boats). It would be great to have a Blessing of the Wakeboats!

deerfield
06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey, what about the ski boats?

04OUTBACK
06-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Sorry Deerfield, Ski boats included too!

bobwells
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
We (church) operate drug/alcohol residential treatment programs, every Memorial Day and Labor Day we have a party down at our house on the lake, residents and church members. We usually have a crew wanting to be baptized so we have a great day cooking out, fishing, skiing, and wakeboarding, many of these folks have never had this kind of opportunity before due to their up-bringing. One of them this year told me "Pastor thank-you so much for this day, I felt like a little kid again"... just good fun no drinking/drugging etc. but all had a wonderful time. I'm not preaching a no-drinking message to you guys, but for those like me NONE is a must, I'm a recovered alcoholic/addict, I was born without restrictor plates, LOL, "whole hog are none at all"...the drink and drug started doing me... anyway we now just leave those items out of the equation and still have a great time !
the boat in the back-ground is actually one of our fellow moomba clans from the forum, we got to finally meet a cpl. wks back, it's neat to have made a new friendship thru the forum.
May God Bless you all and may He Bless your moombas too ! use'm for His Glory !
all for Jesus, bob