PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

Hughes144
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes, another topic on perfect pass...

I may need some help from few of you if you guys don't mind spending some little time checking it out....

What happened was that my old perfect pass went out so I had to take it to dealership and had it replaced for free.... but the problem is that the new perfect pass' caleribation is set at very different level.

I may have mentioned to you guys that I usually run over 2K in ballast system. My previous perfect pass had no problem with anything at all with me controlling my throttle....

The issue I am having right now with new perfect pass is when I weight down my boat then I shoot the boat out and is suppose to go until where I set my speed to be at then slowly adjust around at that point. But the problem is when it almost reach to the certain point, it drops the speed immediately by 3 MPH and I CANNOT throttle up more to help the boat speed up.

This new one drives me NUT but I know I can recalerbating it (sorry for misspelling) but I kept doiing it over and over. But I seem cannot get back to where I used to be with my old Perfect Pass. (FYI, I never set the caleberation on my old perfect pass so I never bothered to look at what the number was.)

So what I am asking from you guys that weights down the boat and have no problem with being able to control your throttle if your boat somehow slowed down. Can you look inside your set up and tell me where your number sets on and claims that you guys dont experience any problem wtih not being able to throttle up if your perfect pass causes you to drop down in speed.

Extra information... I have 06 Mobius LSV (Don't know if year does play a factor in if it will be different than mine.)

Thanks guys!

Hughes144
05-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks man! I will do that when I have a chance to get anywhere close to my boat. It has been super crazy for me, enough to stay away from my boat. Should get to it tomorrow as I head out to lake!

NCSUmoomba
06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I think I have my KDW set as high as it will go (150 I think) and I run about 1500# of weight.

cab13367
06-03-2008, 12:25 AM
hughes,

I have a 2006 LSV also and ran stock ballast all last year (950 lbs) and didn't have any issues with PP holding speed whatsoever. My KDW is set at 150 and my NN is 120. I did not touch these settings so this is how it was set as delivered.

According to my PP manual, KDW factory setting is 80. It also says that "heavy boats may need higher values" and the normal range is 80-200.

Factory NN setting is about 120. It says that if speed is slowly drifting around too much, try a lower value to tighten control.

Hope that helps.

Al

Hughes144
06-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Guys, Thanks for helping me out. I will try it again when I get my boat out. Right now, High windy, Gust up to 40 MPH so I better stay off for now :)

I will keep you guys posted on how my boat holds when I readjust the KDW and NN