PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions!!!

ajmoritz17
05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
i have an 08 lsv

1. How do i get the air out of the ski locker sac? I wish the cap was on the top of the bag in the middle so i could just bleed the air out of it....

2. where do i want the wake plate when im just cruising?

3. i know there are those little black switches to the ballast can anyone confirm that they are suppsed to be down? thats how i read it on the manual but i would go to fill the port sac and the right one would fill as well, so i moved the little black valves/switch/levers whatever you call them up and everything seems fine?
________
BMW R69S (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_R69S)

Jon
05-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Maybe I can help.

On the ballast, when you are towing on the trailer, disconnect the fill line, this will keep air from filling the bag while towing. Just remember to reconnect when you start to fill. To get the air out just take the bag out and roll it up and reconnect it. You may also just disconnect the fill line and stand on the bag until the air comes out.

Wakeplate position while cruising depends on a lot of things. On a relatively calm day I cruise with the wakeplate just a little ways up from all the way down. This seems to allow for the maximum speed of the boat as well. It it's a little choppy I might put the plate all the way down to make the deep v keel cut through the water better. If you want the bow to ride a little higher just bring the plate up some but probably no more than half way.

For the solenoid switches, they should be running perpendicular to the black screw on solenoid. Refer to your owners manual and put in "off" position.

tlatoani
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Your bags fill with air while trailering? Interesting. I tend to have stuff stored on mine while trailering-maybe that keeps it from happening?

Razzman
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
my bags fill with air a bit too. When filling them the first time do it at planing speeds and it purges the air.

The little black switches are supposed to be in the laydown posotion or the bags will fill on their own. Sometimes the bags take a while to prime after trailering. Just let em run until they prime.

I run my plate wherever it feels best, normally just shy of porpoising or whenver it needs more i'll adjust down.

ajmoritz17
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
thanks for the quick responses guys!

its weird cause my rear sacs are fine but the ski locker sac always has air--very annoying it would be so sweet if they had a cap in the top in the middle to just unscrew it a little and push air out. but i guess that would have made to much sense. instead they put it where you cant get to it
________
justin bieber (http://justinbieberfan.info)

JesseC
05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
The ski locker sac is the only one that I have issues with as well. I wish I could add a vent line like I did on the rear sacs. I have found that I really only have to do this once a year so it is not that bad.

cab13367
05-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Maybe I can help.

On the ballast, when you are towing on the trailer, disconnect the fill line, this will keep air from filling the bag while towing. Just remember to reconnect when you start to fill. To get the air out just take the bag out and roll it up and reconnect it. You may also just disconnect the fill line and stand on the bag until the air comes out.

Jon,

Why would disconnecting the fill line prevent air from filling the locker sac when towing when the fill line to the sac is closed off at the solenoid? What I am I missing?

Thanks,

Al

Jon
05-30-2008, 10:21 PM
al,

I understand what you are saying. Air definitely shouldn't be getting through but is. Only on the front bag- really weird. I don't understand why disconnecting the fill works bit it does work.