PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Problems.. Bypassing solinoid valves???

sethscott
05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I have an 05 LSV came with the factory 1 bag in the ski locker. I upgraded to 3 bag setup from skiers choice plus i added the integrated bow sac since i had a left over ballast switch on the dash. So my problem is when i fill any of the bags just one at a time, they all fill up. Its like the orbit water valve solinoid is not stopping the water on the valves/bags that are not being filled. I am lost here.....

Also My perfect pass first time i have used it since i got the boat. Both bottom arrows do nothing when pressed, only thing i can get to some up on display is the PP asking if boat is in neutral...and when it gets to that point it like it just freezes...

sethscott
05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I know the is a manual bypass on the valves i switched both positions several times and hit the fill on any of the switches and water gushed out of every valve filling each bag, but at the same time i only hear the solinoid valve click on the one valve that it should be for each switch

tlatoani
05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
My left sack tends to keep filling no matter which one I want to fill. I haven't figure it out yet, so I'm just using the manual switch to turn it off. It's kind of a pain moving the seat to do it every time. I'll be looking for input here too :P

sethscott
05-30-2008, 05:11 PM
anyone??? please....

newty
05-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Pull the 6 or so screws out of the top of the solenoid, carefully pull the top off as not to lose any parts. Check to see if there is any debris in the seats. There may be stuff not allowing the seats to seal. Be careful, there are springs and may be more when you dissassemble.

Hope this helps
Ryan

sethscott
05-31-2008, 04:39 AM
guess i should say that 3 out of the 4 valves are brand new

K_E_N
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
alright, this is going to be a pain, but disconnect the wires on all 3 valves then check to see whether or not water is allowed to pass. If water can still pass through all valves, then you have a mechanical problem with the valves; either bad valves, trash in the valves, or something else. If water doesn't pass at that point, reconnect the wires being certain that current is only supplied to the valve that is supposed to have current when that valve's switch is on. I'm not sure how everything is wire on your boat, but it's possible that all valves are being opened when switching only one on.

Dubwake21
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I apologize if this is remedial, but make sure your plastic triggers on your valves are pointing up.