PDA

View Full Version : Video system set up

TL7
05-29-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a trakker for the tower. What I'm looking to do is mount an LCD screen in or near the dash, and have some type of controls set up where the driver can push a button to record, zoom, and stop the camera. Does anyone have a setup like this? Anyone know of a decent video camera with external controls? The one we currently have has a remote, but I'd like everything hard mounted if possible.

Limishowman3
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
That would be pretty freakin sweet. Though it sounds like it may get pricey. I just use a tri-stand and a video camera if I want to video record, but that requires another person on the boat who knows how to operate the camera. Honestly though, If you are going to hard mount it to the tower, to me it seems there would be a lot bouncing going on. But that is all the information I know. Let me know what you decided to do and take some pics of it.

cab13367
05-30-2008, 12:53 AM
TL7,

My brother did this on his boat. He used an airtrakker camera mount, then ran RCA cables from the video cam to a portable DVD player (with external rca inputs) that he velcro'd to the dash. He then had this wired remote hooked up to the video cam that would turn it on and off and he attached that to the tower within easy reach of the driver. That's all the wired remote did though was turn the video cam on and off. He used the wireless remote to zoom in and out but it's not something that you constantly do so it worked okay.

It was jury rigged for sure but it worked fine.

I remember seeing a tower mount LCD screen holder on some website but can't remember which.

Al

cab13367
05-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Here you go:

http://wakevideo.com/accessories.php

Pretty spendy though.

Al