PDA

View Full Version : GloveBox ipod mounts Pics?

jmvotto
05-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Does anyone ave pics of the glovebox ipod mounts, i would love some ideas before i start drilling holes in the glove box.

Thanks for listening

JV

ian ashton
05-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I didn't use any sort of mount, I just have my iPod cable running from the source unit (which I mounted under the glove box, not in the glove box). The cable is rather long, so when I use the iPod I've either been stashing it in the glove box wrapped in a towel, or under the seat. Seems to work good so far...

jmvotto
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Ian, you have the KCA IP500 right. So you do not need the ipod available to control, this is done through the HU or remote. is the IP500 responsive? do you like it.?

I need the ipod to change songs so right ow the ipod cable comes out from under the glove box and back in on top, he cable shows and the top does not close well an looks sloppy.

JMV

TL7
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I ended up buying the PIEKNW13POD cable and and (2) extensions so I could run it from the radio all the way over to the driver's side. The extension cable (Kenwood CA-C2EX) was from Crutchfield.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1rI0hsj...px?I=113CAC2EX

Here are two pics of the mount I used. The mount is from Crutchfield also.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...WM36MI&tp=1939

csmsk
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
TL7, did that depth gauge come with your boat? If not where did you get it? Does it have air/water temp?

I've been wanting to get the Faria depth gauge with the temps but haven't found a good deal on one yet.

Thanks in advance for the info.

TL7
05-29-2008, 09:02 PM
This is the one I bought...it didn't come with the boat. No air or water temp, but I think Overton's has the same one that has those features. I mounted it next to where the shaft comes through the hull...works great and never misses readings. There's plenty of info here on installing it if you search for it.

http://www.boatersland.com/far-13750.html

pickle311
05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I just installed the Faria with the water and air temps, I love it. It's worth the extra money.

jmvotto
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
TL7,

I love the mount and the cable option, I just need to convince my wife that the control should be with the driver. I drive she takes care of the tunes.

I like the depth finder temp gauge as well. What gauge did you replace, I have the same dash and i don't have a spare?
I have the wake plate option with the gauge

JV

ian ashton
05-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Ian, you have the KCA IP500 right. So you do not need the ipod available to control, this is done through the HU or remote. is the IP500 responsive? do you like it.?

I need the ipod to change songs so right ow the ipod cable comes out from under the glove box and back in on top, he cable shows and the top does not close well an looks sloppy.

JMV

Yea, I have the IP500. I absolutely love it, except for a few quirks;

-Since the remote for the head unit doens't have a screen you can't see/scroll, you just have to listen to the song to know if its something you want to hear. Not a biggie, I just make playlist with each Genre of music that I like, and whatever comes on is good :)

-It only reads songs that are in set play lists (at least on the iPhone) It will not read from the "On the Go" playlist, which is kinda weird.

Other than that its great, makes things in the boat alot easier and cleaner.

cab13367
05-30-2008, 12:32 AM
I just installed the Faria with the water and air temps, I love it. It's worth the extra money.
Pickle,

Did your boat come with a depth gauge from the factory?

If yes, what did you have to do to swap it out with the new one that shows air and water temps?

Thanks,

Al

Sled491
06-04-2008, 11:33 PM
First, JV and Ian, I have the same Ipod hook up and I am having trouble navigating my Ipod with the stock head unit, I think you have to have your play lists set up and forget about trying to find songs by any other means, maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Second, I installed the same depth gauge, got mine from a boat access. wholesaler here in WI, I had an extra hole so the installation was cake. What did your guys use for dead rise?

jmvotto
06-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Sled,

I have a the peripheral Pxa05 cable which gives me direct access to the IPod and no control through the head unit. It acts as a charger as well. This is the setup i prefer right now. I put the cable thru the 12 volt outlet with the use of a dremel to keep everything i the glove box.

As far a depth finder, i am still searching for one, I forgot the brand and model moomba uses and have seen the faria and hummingbird on the BB. I need a extra spot . My dealer suggested to put it by the radio remote control. Still pondering the Idea? What brand did you get, and does BEEBE have one?

Sled491
06-05-2008, 08:05 AM
JV, I have the same depth gauge as was mentioned the Faria. Beebe must make one or contract it out as you can buy your boat with the depth gauge already installed.

The cable for your Ipod, is that the one that uses radio stations for playback?

jmvotto
06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Sled, No it is through the cd changer input so on the source you chang it from tuner to cd changers and it works great sound is direct and clear It also has a mini plug and rca as well as the ipod plug. All songs are changed at the ipod level. I bought mine at Best Buy. for 30 to 40 bucks.

JV

Sled491
06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I may have to give this a try, because I'm not happy with my current set up. don't get me wrong, it works, just not very user friendly....well for me anyway.