PDA

View Full Version : Ripped cushion 08 GG

Lee in Ottawa
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, I need some advice on what to do. One of my buddies boards ripped the front cushion a little.

Can I order the cushion from anywhere or can something like this be fixed?

SEARK
05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I did the same thing to my sun pad last summer. I tried some of that "quick fix" stuff. It served the purpose of filling in the hole but it looks like crap. I had my dealer order me a new one. It should be in in a couple of weeks and will look like new again.

Lee in Ottawa
05-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I did the same thing to my sun pad last summer. I tried some of that "quick fix" stuff. It served the purpose of filling in the hole but it looks like crap. I had my dealer order me a new one. It should be in in a couple of weeks and will look like new again.

Do you mind me asking you how much it cost?

cfdrews12
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I've tried the patching thing many times, never comes out very good. Last time it happened, I bought some "clear vinyl patch" from overtons.com It at least kept the rip from going any further and allowed me to finish the season without having to pay big bucks while the vinyl shops all were slammed with other work during the summer.

It basically is a clear patch that goes over the rip, yet allows the color of the vinyl to shine through. Its noticeable but does keep the rip or tear from getting bigger.

zabooda
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I've always gone to the upholstery shop and get the section replaced. I haven't paid more than $50 to get it done. Matches perfectly.

Lee in Ottawa
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Went to a upholstery shop today and they said they could match it perfectly and that the 2 cushions (in the bow the frt rounded cushion and the bigger rectangular cushion in the center) for $200.

Buttafewcoe
06-05-2008, 05:11 AM
200 bucks? A small price to pay. New cusions would cost atleast that
B