PDA

View Full Version : need help for RAGDOG-possible new owner

moombadaze
05-28-2008, 02:54 PM
ok, friends of mine are looking at boats-they are haveing a hard time, they have found a 10yr old master craft maristar-decent average boat at the local mastercraft dealer price about 20k, dealer is also trying to sell him the demo x2 price about 55k??, im trying to get him to save some money and get a MOOMBA. they have been out on my boat and like it.

he does surf this site so he will see this-thats why RAGDOG is in the tittle

he has been looking for a used MOOMBA v drive but there really are not any in the area-so he may go new

what i need are some post about your purchase comparing mastercraft,natique, and so forth against what MOOMBA you bought.

are you HAPPY you bought what you did, if not say why also, want to positive and negatives

would you buy another MOOMBA?--THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ANSWER

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP

me--I will buy MOOMBA again without even thinking about it

stacy

MIKE--GET THE MOOMBA

byronkoz
05-28-2008, 03:19 PM
WOW roo tattoo? Thats dedication to a manufacture!! Never thought of tattooing something like that on myself.

c.rix
05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
ok, friends of mine are looking at boats-they are haveing a hard time, they have found a 10yr old master craft maristar-decent average boat at the local mastercraft dealer price about 20k, dealer is also trying to sell him the demo x2 price about 55k??, im trying to get him to save some money and get a MOOMBA. they have been out on my boat and like it.

he does surf this site so he will see this-thats why RAGDOG is in the tittle

he has been looking for a used MOOMBA v drive but there really are not any in the area-so he may go new

what i need are some post about your purchase comparing mastercraft,natique, and so forth against what MOOMBA you bought.

are you HAPPY you bought what you did, if not say why also, want to positive and negatives

would you buy another MOOMBA?--THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ANSWER

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP

me--I will buy MOOMBA again without even thinking about it

stacy

MIKE--GET THE MOOMBA

I am going to use a buddy of mine as a example. He has owned a malibu for 5 years now and absolutly loves it. But that being said its 5 years old and has a lot of hours on it. So in the next year or two he will be upgrading and gettng something bigger than his 21'. He has been looking at new bu's and cannot believe the prices on them. He was quoted 87g's for a 23' wakesetter

Over the weekend we went out to the lake with the boats. He started looking over my Outback v. looked at the motor and couldn't beleve its the same exact motor as his. He liked the wake shaping plate after seeing how clean the wake was, also the size even though its a smaller boat.

The one complaint that he has with the moomba is some of the finish just isnt as nice as a bu. But he thinks the price difference between a xlv and a 23' setter ~35 grand could help him look the other way on them.

Its funny to hear him talk about anyother boats besides a bu. For years now him and another buddy going back and fourth on how much better their boat is you know the malibu mastercraft fights. I got the moomba and they start that up and all i say is 30g's is a ton of gas haha

Any way Like moomadaze said for me personally I will be getting another moomba with out even thinking about it I love mine !!!!

pickle311
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Would I buy another Moomba? I already did. I had an 05 Outback that I loved. It was a great boat and we never had any problems out of it, I just recently sold it and bought a new 07 LSV. We decided that we wanted a V drive and I rode in several boats before I came to my decision. I rode in a Tige, mastercraft X2, Supra 22SSv, Nautique 236.

The Tige was a few years old and looked rough, it left me with the impression that they would not hold up over time. I've heard that they are better now, but i didn't even give it another chance. I just flat out didn't like the boat.

The X2 was an 07. We ran it with stock ballast full and had 6 or 7 people in the boat. There was nothing about it that impressed me, especially for almost $70k. The wake was almost the same as my DD Outback with 1500lbs and 5 or 6 people. I got out of it thinking that the MCs are way over rated and over priced. The fit and finish wasn't any better than my 07 LSV. Sure, it had billet gauge covers and nice board racks, but not worth the additional $30k.

The Supra 22SSV was an 06 or 07. I was a nice boat, rode and handled well. The fit and finish was just as good as any of the other luxry boats out there. My only complaint was the board racks. They just weren't designed well and were bouncing all over the place. The boat did have a lot of hours on it as it was used by a wakeboarding school, and the board racks were the only thing that looked remotely close to being worn. The wake took some getting used too, it was very vert and threw you straight up. Overall, nice boat but probably out of my price range and I wasn't crazy about the wake.

The Nautique 236 was an 08 and I have to say that I was very impressed with the boat. Every aspect of it was top notch. We had the stock ballast full with 8 people in the boat and it was the best wake I've ever hit. It had a nice, smooth transition and wasn't too aggressive like some of the other larger wakes I've ridden. What I didn't like about the boat is the seating. It's a big boat, but feels cluttered and cramped. Plus I have never liked the nautique styling, I just think they are ugly on the inside and way out of my price range. This one was over $80k. I looked at a new 210 and even it was $67k. Too rich for my blood, but still a very nice boat.

I seriously considered the Mailbu V Ride, but it was just too stripped down for the price, right aroud $50k.

In the end, I got another Moomba and couldn't be happier. The LSV has surpassed my expectations every time I have taken it out so far. Right now I only have the center locker ballast, 400lbs. I had the boat out this weekend with 8 people and loved the wake. It was my first taste at what this boat is really capeable of. It had the perfect transition for me and I was able to get more pop out of it than any boat I've been behind. The fit and finish of the boat is right there with some of the more expensive ones too, with the exception of the nautique. But it's not that far off either. All of my friends love the new boat and can't believe how much nicer it is than my 05 Outback. I think I made the right decision going with another Moomba and don't regret it at all. I just just as much, or more, boat than any of the other boats I've been in and saved a TON of money. I got this one with every option I wanted for under $40k, no other brand could come within $20k of that.

AustinXLV
05-28-2008, 05:18 PM
I agree 100%. I have a 2005 XLV with 250 hours on it and it still runs and looks like new. I could never imagine spending another 30-40k for a nicer interior on a boat! That just seems silly to me. If you want stainless steel cup holders, Academy has them for about $6 each! With the sacs full and a few people loaded up the wake is just as good if not better than the competition.
I've had no major mechanical problems and any minor issues have been taken care of by Moomba! Thanks for a great boat!

tprkolbas
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
i'm on my second moomba and have no complaints. my buddy always dogs me about moomba as he is a malibu owner, but last summer on a trip up north - he broke down and i had to tow him back to the launch. he was pretty embarrassed.

$55k for a demo X-2 seems high - at least for detroit area. i saw one let go for $50k (2007 demo). besides, x-2's are cool and all, but to have a LOADED boat (2008 lsv) you'd only have to spend around $45k.

Razzman
05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
To be totally honest i was going to buy either a new Sanger or a Tigé. After having my '95 Tigé 2000slm comp for years and 890 hours later without any major issues i was set on the Tigé. I almost passed out when i priced a "discount" 22ve with a bit of addons and it still topped $60K! :(

Sangers are a great under rated boat that many pass up due to lack of knowledge. Unknown to most they are probably one the best wakeboats out there, but again prices shocked me at $52K with what we wanted!

I knew about the Moombas but had never really looked at one. When i did and rode in it i was really impressed for what you get for the money and we bought it on the spot and don't regret it one bit! :D

tazz3069
05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I have an 07 LSV and love it. 42K with everything on it. When time comes again for a new boat, no question at all it would be another Moomba. Now this time, a XLV. A friend of mine just purchased a Malibu with all the bells and whisltes. 95K. When he found out how much I paid for mine, he craped his pants. GET A MOOMBA.
Like Razzman, I was also looking at a Sanger Boat. It was about 45K. The only thing it came with was the Scopian engine. Everything else was a upgrade. I was ready to sign the paper. I then went to Arizona for a job and past a Moomba Dealer in Boulder City, NV. I had stoped there on my way home, saw the boat I wanted, saw everyhting it came with, and loved the price. So I did it. I signed the loan papers. The boat still had the white plastic protective rap on it. It wasn't even put together yet. Again get a Moomba.

jmvotto
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Bought the 07 Outback V love it. Had a close friend in the boat who is a long time tige owner and he was very impressed and felt the handling was more responsive. as he drove half the tme on the water
RadDog buy the moomba

JV

Limishowman3
05-29-2008, 01:29 AM
I was just looking over the boat's buyer's guide for 2008. Well the rate the boats from rec, interm to core. The moomba xlv sat in the core section. In thats with all the other boats priced at 60k. So you be the judge. Which boat do you buy. Oh also the the x-80 is ridiculous. 28ft boat 6200lbs dry wieght. They had to cruise at 26mph to find the sweat spot behind that boat. Said its real good too for wakesurfing.