PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Question???

Scott456
05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
2005 Outback. The wire came off of my battery gauge. While driving through a canal I blindly reached under the dash to slide it on the post and put in on the post that already had a wire on it. Everything on the boat shutdown. I then went to the battery compartment and reset the switch mounted above the battery. All accessories work but the ignition doesn't even make a noise when the key is turned???? Any ideas of what to do next??

JesseC
05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Are you absolutely sure that the wire came from your voltage gauge? Do the gauges move when you turn the key and the starter is just not engaging? Is there a reset button next to the ignition switch?

Scott456
05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I am pretty sure it's for the voltage gauge but will check tonight. When I turn the key the gauges just stay where they were when the boat died. I will check for a reset button next to the ignition switch and respond to all of your ideas in the morning. Thank you for responding....

Hopeful....

Scott456
05-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Thank you!!! The ignition switch is what was tripped. I had no clue it existed. Is there a service / repair book that I can purchase for my specific boat / motor?