PDA

View Full Version : Question for XLV owners

SoTX
05-27-2008, 07:58 AM
The seat that goes over the area designed for an ice chest. Mine is breaking down and is bent up on the corners from folks getting in and out of boat, standing on it when going to get wakeboards out of racks ect ect. My question is this. Is there a fix? If I purchase a new seat how do I prevent this? Has anyone else had this problem?
I am considering replacing the plastic bottom with plywood. You think this would work?
Thanks

tlatoani
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I just leave that seat at home-assuming I know what you are talking about. We keep a big cooler there.

SoTX
05-27-2008, 01:02 PM
What make and model ice chest do you use there?

AustinXLV
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I have an 05 XLV and had some actually get on my boat from another boat and break that seat in half! I took it to a local repair shop and he replaced the bottom with 3/4 in plywood, water proofed it and recovered for about $150. The seat is better than new.
Now I'm starting to see small cracking on a few of my seats. Think I'll be taking those to him as well!

SoTX
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I have an 05 XLV and had some actually get on my boat from another boat and break that seat in half! I took it to a local repair shop and he replaced the bottom with 3/4 in plywood, water proofed it and recovered for about $150. The seat is better than new.
Now I'm starting to see small cracking on a few of my seats. Think I'll be taking those to him as well!

I am in San Antonio are you in Austin? What repair guy?

AustinXLV
05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
It was a little hard to find but here is the address. It is back off the highway a bit but call and he can help you find it.

Tom's Premium Upholstery
445 Bastrop Hwy
Austin, TX 78742
(512) 385-9115

He did a great job. I was there about 2 years ago but he might still remember repairing my seat. Let me know if he is able to help you out.