PDA

View Full Version : 2006 V Alternator Belt

JC_N_NC
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I went to Autozone tonight and they were lost. Does anyone know which alternator belt to buy to replace the Indmar 725018 belt on the 2006 Outback V?

Thanks

JC_N_NC
05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Got the belt from NAPA today. Gave them the INDMAR part # and the guys says "here ya go". 20 minutes at autozone and they couldn't even figure out who made a 351... LOL

So, I get under the lid today and take a look at what it's going to take to get the new belt on.... whoa

Am I going to have to take off all of the components attached to the lower wheel?

I have searched the web far and wide for a step by step and it simply doesn't exist.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

JesseC
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Please take notes on wrench sizes and what all you had to do. I have not done this yet, but would love to see what it takes to get it done.

chrisncarolsmobius
05-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I had to replace mine last summer. I have a 2001 Mobius. Yes, I do remember having to take off alot to get the belt on. I took my old belt to O'reily's and they matched it and my plugs, no problem.

JC_N_NC
05-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Ok, got out there this morning and got it done. Took about 30-45 minutes and the following tools:

Since I couldn't find any detailed instructions I thought I would post this in an effort to help somebody else out.

- Drill with #2 phillips head bit (use to remove cover from engine compartment and supporting arm - 11 screws total)
- Large slotted screw driver
- 9/16 & 1/2 wrenchs and sockets
- Hex wrench in 1/4 & 3/32 size
- NAPA belt 25-7425

Steps:

1.) Remove engine compartment cover
2.) Remover INDMAR cover

The rest are done from the rear deck to make it easier to access the engine:

3.) Use slotted screw driver to remove to water lines on bottom right that are connected to the bottom wheel.
4.) On the left side you will see where a support bracket is joined at a 90 degree angle. Use the 1/4" hex wrench on the top and the 1/2" socket on the bottom to remove this bolt. You should have the bolt, two washers, a lock washer, and the nut.
5.) Slide the arm back enough to allow the belt to pass through
6.) Put the belt over the upper and lower fly wheels.
7.) Use the 9/16" socket and loosen the bolt above the alternator 2-3 turns
8.) Use the 3/32" hex and loosen the bolt below the alternator until the alternator slides to the left.
9.) Place the belt over the alternator.
10.) Slide the alternator back in place (you may want to use the screw driver to wedge it back in place.
11.) Tighten the 9/16" bolt with the socket
12.) Tighten the 3/32" hex
13.) Connect the support arm that you loosedned in #4 above
14.) Put your hoses back on that you took off (my bottom one had a green stripe on it)
15.) Put INDMAR cover back on.
16.) Put engine compartment cover on.

That's it.... now go nail that tantrum!

JesseC
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the detailed instructions, I am sure this will help all of us out.