PDA

View Full Version : Rope?

TL7
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
How much difference does a good rope make? I've always had a plain jane rope, and I've never noticed a difference. Fast forward to now...we traded in the I/O for an 07 Outback, and with 1500+ lbs of ballast all my tricks are going bigger and farther into the flats. I've noticed that lately when I land a really "big air" trick, the handle will pop out of my hands. I've also increased my riding speed. My question is, could part of the reason be due to a "stretchy" rope? Never had this issue before, but as I said I haven't been going this big in the past either. What is a good rope that you guys and gals would suggest? As always, thanks in advance for the input.

gsi09907
05-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Bullet lines, awesome... cheap.... everybody I know loves my rope and handle and i loved it so much I bought another for my spare

Buttafewcoe
05-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Accurite line, straightline handle. A good rope makes all the difference in the world.
B

csmsk
05-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Absolutely get a good rope. You'll thank us all later. I've got three of these, and LOVE 'em!!!

http://www.buywake.com/catalog_images/Straightline/sm/BantamCarbonViperCombo.jpg

helix_rider
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I second several comments above...I have the Bullet lines as a backup, and it suits me fine. I prefer the Straightline ropes though. Call RV at Grizzly Sports at 1-866-444-BEAR...they will hook you up. You can also keep an eye out on boardersbestbuy.com...they had a carbon fiber handle and spectra rope combo for $80 awhile back, and they'll probably do it again. Regardless of where you get it, a non-stretch rope makes a huge difference, because you don't want to get 'snapped' forward as you leave the wake...you want all the tension to help you get boosted.

Loren

tprkolbas
05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
any non-stretch rope will do, but i agree with the others to get a straightline handle - best i've used.

the rope does make a difference when "loading" it.

ian ashton
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a Ronix fiberglass handle and a Straightline rope. I've only used it twice, but I can already tell its infinately nicer than the $12 ski rope/handle combo I used last year.