PDA

View Full Version : Best way to remove stickers?

SanMarzano
05-24-2008, 05:40 PM
So I want to remove the Outback V sticker. I pulled off a few letters but there is a ton of glue left. What is safe for GelCoat that can remove it?

c.rix
05-24-2008, 05:51 PM
So I want to remove the Outback V sticker. I pulled off a few letters but there is a ton of glue left. What is safe for GelCoat that can remove it?

I did the same as you as well as all of the warning stickers i could find. Mine came off with ez I just took some paint thinner to it didnt seem to harsh. But if your worried use some wd40 Ive used that on many different things it works great.

04OUTBACK
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Start with a hair dryer to warm the sticker.. the glue will come off easier that way..
there is some sticker remover goo as well as a product called goo gone.. try them.
Also, a little rubbin alcohol might not hurt either..

SanMarzano
05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks Guys. Im replaceing them with WakeWorld stickers LOL

Aquaholic
05-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Acetone plain and simple. Use it to get the glue off and any other thing that might leave a mark on your boat. My father learn it the hard way, he hit a buoy late at night. It was a glancing blow that only left a white mark on his brand new black Cobalt. The dealership told him to use acetone to remove the mark and rewax the area. It look awful before but after the acetone I was amazed at the difference. You would never know that the accident happened.

byronkoz
05-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I used goo be gone on the outback v and kangaroos, worked great. I also put wakeworld stickers in place of the outback v's, looks much better.

SanMarzano
05-24-2008, 09:33 PM
yea i was thinking of ditching the roo also

jmvotto
05-25-2008, 06:59 AM
The hairdryer Idea is what my dealer told me on my reg numbers if i wanted to change them out. Also Goo gone or I use Goof off (water baesd or aceone based) on sticky stuff.

Good luck

I would keep the roo, though.

my.02

Joe

byronkoz
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Funny, alot of people like the roos including my girlfreind and because of her I kept it at first. After I took it off she admitted it looks way cleaner/better. I honestly think its really lame and have no idea what a Kangaroo on a ski has to do with a wakeboard boat???LOL Anyhoo to each there own but I like the way it looks without it. I also found the hair dryer was really a waste of time since I was using the goo be gone once I got it off, worked just as good without the dryer.

Northofthe49th
05-26-2008, 04:38 AM
We use WD40 for glue residue on aircraft decals
You'd be surprised how well it works and cheap too