PDA

View Full Version : XLV GG being picked up today!

SJTLMT
05-23-2008, 07:03 AM
It is finally in! 08 XLV gravity games is in and at the dealership. I am picking it up and heading strait to the lake today. I want to give a shot out to Tim at Atl Marine for making the boat buying experience a good one. (Pix to follow)

Pike
05-24-2008, 02:39 AM
When I bought my 07' GG XLV I swore to my wife...."Honey, this is the best boat and the only one I will ever need" with that being said......

Damn the new 08' looks freakin SWWWEEEEETTT!!

Congrats! Lets see some pics!!

tazz3069
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Post som.e pics of that bad boy when you get a chance

Membrain
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Congrats and Good luck with your XLV! You will love this thing!!! We upgraded to 1,100 lbs bags all the way around and everyone leaves when we start pulling! Especially the boats on the beach!!!

05-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey Membrain, I have an XLV due here any day. Now that you have ridden behind the new XLV, what's it like, wake size, shape, etc...? What speeds and rope lengths? Mine will have the 1950lbs. Can't wait.

SJTLMT, post up the pics! Congrats.

cab13367
05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Congrats and Good luck with your XLV! You will love this thing!!! We upgraded to 1,100 lbs bags all the way around and everyone leaves when we start pulling! Especially the boats on the beach!!!

Membrain,

What size/weight bags come stock with the boat?

Al

Membrain
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
To 501 & CAB,

I am so Thoroughly confused as to what stock bags come with the XLV that I cannot answer your question! I have heard so many numbers from this site and from my dealer, but none match! I was told at the dealership that the XLV comes with a 750 up front, and 450’s (or 350’s ) in the rear. I have also heard the front comes with the 1,100lbs stock, which mine did not! I had to purchase all three bags to upgrade to the 1,100lbs all the way around.

The wake is awesome without even filling the bags! It has a nice crisp wake to launch from! If you are a beginner or just learning to jump from one side to the other, I would suggest leaving the bags empty until you get more confident! The wakes are so freakin’ unbelievable with 1,100 lbs all the way around! My son is an advanced boarder and wants the bags full! However, everyone else around us on the lake hates us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SJTLMT
06-06-2008, 07:52 AM
I love the new boat and the wake is incredible. My only complaint is that I already had to take it back to the dealership because the PP screen went black and just stopped working. From what I have read this is a problem that a lot of people are having.

Membrain
06-25-2008, 11:34 PM
My PP is toast! It never worked from day one!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for the electronic module to come in since the end of March! It has been back ordered!!!!!!! I was told from Dallas Ski Boats that there is a factory recall on these things! This sucks in the worst kind of way! My son is an advanced boarder, borderline expert, and we are cruising around like amateurs!!!!!!!! If I was a factory rep from PP and reading these threads, I think I would raise all kinds of HELL!!!!!!!! Not a good thing for Moomba!!!!!!!!

zegm
06-25-2008, 11:50 PM
SJ,

Tell Tim that his friends in Panama City love the Moomba LS!!!