PDA

View Full Version : My projects finally finished

c.rix
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
These are a few pics of my tower box project. I figured you guys would like them. I was going to do pics from start to finish but I was super busy and forgot sorry guys.

If there's any interest I may be willing to make another since this was a fun project

jkendall79
05-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Awesome box! I really like the Moomba logo integrated into the back. Looks sweet! I just had my system finished, otherwise I'd definetely have you make one for me.

bambam26
05-22-2008, 12:08 AM
That is sweet!!! What does something like that run? That is really sweet how you put the Moomba into the design. Very nice c.rix!!!!!!!!!!!

McMoomba
05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow! nice job,I almost tried to make a fiberglass box, but it would never turn out that nice. I also wish I had seen that before buying my tower speakers..

tlatoani
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Very nice. What kind of speakers are in it, and what else have you done for your stereo?

Just curious...

c.rix
05-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Bambam Honestly I wouldn't know what the cost would be, since This is the first one I have done. It took me a few weeks to make it, but the next one will be so much faster.

Also on the moomba logo I would just do block letters instead of the swirl around it cause it was a pain to sand. I think it will turn out better that way for the next time.

Smrtz
05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
That looks awesome!

c.rix
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Very nice. What kind of speakers are in it, and what else have you done for your stereo?

Just curious...

They are Kicker km series if I remember right. They are auto speakers but are certified for marine use also. They sound great I still have some tuning to do on them.

As far as other stereo stuff I had two mtx 12" 5500 series dual voice coil subs in custom boxes that I also made. The subs are powered by a 500 watt mtx amp. The subs and amp were perfectly matched when I bought them from the car audio shop. So I knew they would pound hard. The tower is powered by 900 watt mtx marine 4 channel run in pararell. Man is it tough to pull 4 sets of wire through the stock tower holes!

c.rix
05-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks smrtz

kaneboats
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Awesome! You're an artist; a sculptor. Love it.

bambam26
05-22-2008, 11:07 PM
C- are you talking hundreds or??? I am really not at all knowledgable when it comes to stereo stuff. I just have the basic 6 speakers in my boat no tower speakers yet. But your set up is so nice I would consider doing it up!

c.rix
05-22-2008, 11:47 PM
C- are you talking hundreds or??? I am really not at all knowledgable when it comes to stereo stuff. I just have the basic 6 speakers in my boat no tower speakers yet. But your set up is so nice I would consider doing it up!

It really depends if you wanted me to build the whole thing including speakers, wires, plugs, and clamps. At that point all you would have to do is run the wires through the tower finish the one side of the plug and wire the amp. You would also have to make the decision about 6x9's or 6.5's too.

Or It could be as simple as I could get the box all the way through primer, and make you clamps, then you can color match to your boat. which would be the cheap way to go. You would need to find wire, thru hull fittings, and pins for the connectors.

All I know is I got the idea from ebay they sell for $275 for the plain box painted plus $65 min. for the bracket so ~ $340 total. Im sure they also have some kind of shipping fee also.

I bet could beat that price easily!
Just not too sure on prices if I was to try to sell them you know?

When I decided to try it I thought I could make it myself one but better personal and cheaper.

pm me if your interested we can get something figured out!

tazz3069
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
c.rix
Very Nice set up.

c.rix
05-26-2008, 11:47 PM
thanks tazz I like the fact that my buddys think I bought it as a kit haha

jasonba1
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I would like to get a quote on the box and brackets I have speaker to put in them? Thanks for any help

c.rix
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I would like to get a quote on the box and brackets I have speaker to put in them? Thanks for any help

I sent you a pm

Also what are the speakers you plan on using 6x9 or 6.5's