PDA

View Full Version : GETTING CLOSER!!! My boat is built, and on its way to MI... (Pics Inside)

ian ashton
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I spoke with Jackie at SC today who was kind enough to email me a few photos of my boat. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to her before they shrink-wrapped it, so I still don't know exactly what it looks like, but this is still pretty good. My dealer is going to pick it up so it should be here on Friday, prepped & delivered on Saturday (god willing!)

Here are the pics that Jackie sent me;
http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/boat_at_factory.JPG

http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/boat_at_factory_2.JPG

I AM LOOSING MY MIND WITH EXCITEMENT!

JesseC
05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
What color combination did you settle on? I can not remember what it was you ordered.

ian ashton
05-22-2008, 11:36 AM
What color combination did you settle on? I can not remember what it was you ordered.

http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/boat2.JPG

Platinum Base
Pacific Blue Accent
Brittany Blue Main Panel

Brittany Blue interior Accent

JesseC
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought that is what you ordered, but I could not find the post that you made with the above picture. I am really anxious to see how it turned out. I have thought about that color combination myself for the next one and the wife was wanting to see it as well. I bet it is sweet looking.

ian ashton
05-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Big yellow roller!

Add a Boat Buddy to your pile of boat stuff. You will be glad you did.

I don't plan to have the boat on the trailer except in the winter, but I'll definately read up on it, I've seen lots of people talking about them.

ian ashton
05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
I thought that is what you ordered, but I could not find the post that you made with the above picture. I am really anxious to see how it turned out. I have thought about that color combination myself for the next one and the wife was wanting to see it as well. I bet it is sweet looking.

I'm really anxious to see it too :lol: !!! I'm most excited about the platinum interior/base, I think thats going to look really nice. I'll surely be posting up pics as soon as it gets here!

bamaspiveys
05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Several people tried to talk me out of it, I had one on my last three boats and loved it. I had to go to the MC shop locally to get one.

it makes loading the boat so much easier.

ian, I am not a big fan of the colors you chose, but to each his own that is why their not all white! I will hold my final opinion until I see the actual boat, sometimes color charts dont do justice to the final product, either way you did not buy it for my approval the important thing is you bought a moomba!

jmvotto
05-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Ian
I'll buy your big yellow roller My '07 has the black one and I would like the "big Yellow" I only will trail the boats 2 to 3 times a year. no need for a boat buddy for me.

Joe

bashton
05-25-2008, 08:50 AM
We took delivery yesterday!

The Club Royale folks were great, especially Jeff, who immediately jumped on to getting it prepped for us. After our on the water intro, we were off to Cass Lake to start breaking her in.

We are extremely pleased with our color choices and feel that it looks really rich. When we saw it in the water, Ian and I both could not be happier.

Everything works great, it handles better then we could ever hope for and acceleration is fantastic. We are fortunate to have great weather here this weekend, which in itself is amazing. so break-in will happen quickly.

We pulled her out so that Ian could get the stereo installed. We were happy to confirm that the wiring harness DOES have the stereo wiring, including the speaker wires already in there.

We highly recommend Club Royale. They were great throughout the entire process, put up with our daily calls and covered all the bases so that we felt comfortable hitting the water.

For some reason, the memory card in my Nikon freaked out and it seems to have erased my pics, but Ian took some with his.

We will be on the water today and the forecast calls for 75 degrees and sunny. New Pics to follow!

Bottom line" Club Royale; 100% and Skiers Choice 100%. Go Buy a Moomba!!!

BA

04OUTBACK
05-25-2008, 09:23 AM
CONGRATS! Great timing on arrival and setup/prep!~ You'll have all the break in hours done by lunch today.. HA
That is awesome that you guys bought it together... you'll have wonderful family time with that. My dad and I split a SeaDoo about 6 years ago and it caused many family events on the water! We spent more time together that first summer than ever..

Enjoy and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Sled491
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Way to go Ashton family. I, like every one else am very curious about the color combo. We are thinking of what some might considered a wild combination on our next Moomba so I am waiting with baited breath for yours. As usual how could anyone every think that a Moomba is a second class boat. They are the tops all the way around.

Glad to hear about another Moomba/Skiers Choice success story!!