PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Jamboree Registration

Swamp Buggy
05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Here it is.......the registration form for the upcoming Georgia Jamboree on July 12, 2008.

www.GeorgiaJam.com

Make sure that you tell everyone. I found a lot of people on the lake this past weekend that weren't members of either forum so we have to get the word out.

kaneboats
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Cool! All signed up and very excited. Wish it was this weekend. Our holiday plans fell through so we are just hanging out and taking it very easy. Maybe do some family only days on the water. Get the kids some good riding time.

Nice job on this Buggy! Looking forward to meeting you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Pat

Swamp Buggy
05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the comment Pat. Appreciation should also go to Natalie Carrera with Skier's Choice and Tim White with Atlanta Marine for their work putting this together.

Look forward to seeing you.

zegm
06-24-2008, 11:04 PM
We bought our boat from Atlanta Marine and they are fantastic people! Lisa the owner is Great she pulled a demo boat to the ramp in her own SUV and waited an hour while we test drove an Outback V. Tim was fantastic, he was always totally straight with us, no BS and told us about the Boat Show discounts. Great People!!! I just wish it wasn't on Lanier. Have you guys seen hundreds of over 30 ft yauhts before????? Hopefully they will find a good cove!!!! Well that is if Lanier has any water in it!!!! I wish everyone a great time and maybe we will see you at the Tampa event. Ah one more hint, if you are going up on a weekend drive through Atlanta, it is much quicker than going around. Just my 40+ years of living there experience.

kaneboats
06-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Z- I was going to take a half day on Fri the 11th and leave from Tallahassee around noon. I'd be hitting the Atlanta area close to 4 on Fri. afternoon. Can I even get through there or should I just take the whole day off and hit it closer to noon?

zegm
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow! I would not want to be getting anywhere near Atlanta at 4:00PM. You will not have trouble going throught the south side because everyone will be leaving town going south, but once you start up I-85 downtown to hit GA400 or I-985 you are going to be doing move a foot, wait 3 minutes, move a foot wait agian. Leave as early as you can and try to be there before 2:30 and you should be OK.

tlrowe
06-25-2008, 11:07 AM
I think that GDOT is repaving the downtown connector (I75/I85) during the weekends for the next few months. They usually close 2-3 lanes at a time on either Northbound or Southbound side. Traffic on the weekends lately through Atlanta has been pretty bad.

zegm
06-25-2008, 10:50 PM
tlrowe,

Now you know one of the reasons I left my hometown (Atlanta) and moved to Panama City Florida. They think that 15 cars stopped at a light is a traffic jam here. That and the fact that I was in my car for over 3 hours everyday. My kids didn't know who I was since I was never home. I guess then going on I285 east to I-985 would be the best bet!

tlrowe
06-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't blame you Z. I'm actually in the process of getting out of here myself.

Yes, I think that 285E to 85N to 985 would probably be your best bet. Depending on what time you come through, and assuming there are no wrecks, the worst traffic would probably be on 85. There are big construction sites at the 85/316 split and at the 85/985 split. I think that the one at 985 is almost complete, but the one at 316 is still being heavily worked. If they've got a lane closed, all bets are off.

kaneboats
06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Settled. Take the whole day off and leave at 8 am to hit the ATL area around noon. Thanks, guys!

moombadaze
06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Kane, good i will be seeing you then about 2 or so thursday, or is that friday? well since it looks like the ramp next to our camp sites are closed are you going to leave your boat in the water overnight? on google maps it looks like the other ramp is about a 1/4-1/2 mile away.

kaneboats
06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
If there's a decent place to tie up I'll probably just leave it in the water.

I couldn't get the wife and oldest daughter to agree to an extra night of camping so we'll head out on Fri. morning. My thinking was that if I was going to take the whole day off anyway we should go up on Thurs. night but they didn't want to do that or try to set up camp in the dark. Oh well. I think they are going to have more fun than they realize. Next time it won't be so much like pulling teeth (or I'll go without them and take the boys).

moombadaze
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
pulling teeth--boy do i know about that. there are no docks that im aware of to tie up to--close to the camp sites, boats would have to be anchored out

kaneboats
06-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Is there any beach? I'd just beach and tie off to a tree. I have to fix up my hull next offseason anyway.

zegm
06-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Ah Ed, ah I think you saw Lake Hartwell! It is massive too and it is on the border of GA and SC.

ATLOUTBACKV
06-28-2008, 10:36 AM
i say friday night we have a surf session. i will be in the water at 7 and over at shoal creek around 7:02 anybody down?

ATLOUTBACKV
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
there is plenty of water in lanier you just have to not be a total jack ass to hit stuff.

zegm
06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Well now Ed you are going to get me all emotional. I grew up in Marietta, I will be giving my age away now but I drove on i-285 when it had only 4 lanes and a grass divider between them. I could ride my dirt bike 100 miles on dirt from my house in West Cobb County. We would ski on Allatoona and see maybe 5 boats all day long. When I left 5 years ago I had to tow my dirt bikes 1 1/2 hours to a National Park to ride. Allatoona became the busiest lake in the World (Lanier is 4th). Time and time again someone would be following us as we pulled a skier. I used to walk in the woods of North Cobb County and find Civil War Relics (miles of trenches)and Arrow Heads. I made money picking up hay. This is all impossible now, I watched for years as Battlefeilds got plowed under! It takes hours to go anywhere, I am not talking about the Interstates, you also cannot get anywhere on normal roads. I grew up in the country and the City Exploded, I believe I read a National Geographic Magazine and it said the Atlanta area has grown faster than any City in the history of the World. Well all of the cool reasons to live there got bulldozed or crowded. And the infrastructure got No attention. With a tear in my eye as I watched Bulldozers making a Golf Course across the street from my 5 acres my wife and I grabbed the kids and ran to Panama City. Ah home again with the rednecks!!!!! And I can never go back, well of course I did to order and pick up our Beautiful Moomba LS!!! And as soon as this thunderboomer leaves we will take her out and start breaking in our new Engine again!!!!

zegm
06-28-2008, 10:52 PM
No Ed I want to go the Tampa Jamobree, you just need to start working on my wife!!!!

Oh and yes I have even worked in a Chicken house in Georgia. But now I don't speak the language to do that!

deerfield
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
"No-one should miss out on meeting Natalie."

zegm - Ed is right. At least on this point. - Deerfield

zegm
07-01-2008, 02:02 PM
OK after all of this talk about this special person I need pictures!

kaneboats
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Z- I hope you work on Mrs. Z for Tampa. I'm really looking forward to meeting you. Of course, I'll probably make my way over to your water some time anyway.

I might be down for the surf session Fri. night (before the bonfire).

zegm
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Kane,

Yes come over and visit us sometime on Deerpoint! Our boat is back in the water and this weekend we will be out early burning up some gas pulling several kids on the kneeboards, a couple of hours more on the new engine and we will be pulling everyone on skis and wakeboards.
Friday night I will be sitting in the parking lot at my place of work. We are literally on the bay, it is about 50ft from my office to the water and we will be watching the fireworks from there. I believe the barge they launch them from will be about 200 yards away!!!
OK I am working on Ms. Z!!!!! What would help would be a couple of kids wanting to go also, what can I tell them to look forward too? I am thinking about bringing a couple of Kayaks too? Would there be a secure place to stow all of these boats and equipment during the night or would I have to worry about it in a hotel parking lot?

kaneboats
07-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Well, I'm not getting on the road this weekend although I'd love to come for fireworks. We'll do it some time a little later on.

With respect to Tampa, Stacy may have some advice for where to leave equipment. I'd say park at my Dad's but he's got his 22 ft. jet boat, his catamaran and he'll have my rig. He doesn't have that much room and he's in about the worst neighborhood in Clearwater.

How old are the kids? I'll be sure to post pics from Atlanta with mine-- I've got about every age you can think of. What ages do you have and M or F?

zegm
07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
We have 2 kids, an 8 year old girl and a 11 year old boy. Both love the water! Oh and of course the boat!

moombadaze
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Z your more than welcome to park your boat in my driveway and stash the kayaks in the side yard(its fenced) saturday night. one thing i stopped by land o lakes marine 2 days ago to talk to them about the tampa jamboree and got suprised with some news--instead of lake tapon they want to hold it on lake padget in land o lakes,-the dealer has a off site storage lot on the lake with parking for about 50 trucks and trailers with a private ramp. Hungry Harrys to do the catering-its a local bbq joint(very good). I live less than 5 minutes away, and there are some hotels about 10-15 minutes away. If this helps you.
also ive got a daughter 9 yrs old-she likes to make new friends

stacy

Pat--this offer also applies to you also-----see ya in a week and a day

kaneboats
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope to leave at 8 am so I should be in Tifton at 9:30 or so. Why don't you PM me your cell and I'll do the same? Never hurts to have somebody you know going the same way at about the same time anyway.

kaneboats
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Stacy- I may just take you up on that offer. What about Fri. night? I may want to head down on Fri. night and spend my birthday with my Dad in Clearwater. You are a heckuva lot closer than his place and (not to sound like Z but) I hate driving out to Clearwater towing a boat in Fri. night traffic.

kaneboats
07-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Z- I've got twin 8 y/o boys and a girl turning 10 on 7/8.

moombadaze
07-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Pat, friday night is no problem

s

kaneboats
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I certainly appreciate it. Gonna be towing far enough in the next month or so. That really gives me some flexibility. I'm also glad to hear they are re-thinking Tarpon. I've never been there when it wasn't so windy it wasn't any fun. Sounds like it's a lot better for you too. I'm now thinking about taking the day off and heading down on Fri. am. Have to see how it works out. Talk about it more next week.

zegm
07-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Kane,

We have an 8 year old girl and 11 year old boy. Still haven't talked the wife into the Tampa Jamboree. She is still upset about the still unresolved oil filter issue and is wanting to look at MasterCrafts now! OK used MasterCrafts!!!! She saw a new X-14 and well......

moombadaze
07-08-2008, 08:01 AM
now what kind a problem has that oil filter caused?

JesseC
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
She is still upset about the still unresolved oil filter issue and is wanting to look at MasterCrafts now! OK used MasterCrafts!!!! She saw a new X-14 and well......

Just be sure and warn her that they have the SAME engine as the Moomba, I believe they are Indmar powered as well!!!!! I would not have it any other way personally. I am a huge Indmar fan all because of Larry Englebert!!

zegm
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Jessie, Moomba and Ed,

I am still working with SC and Indmar about this issue so not ready to talk yet. I think Sled has written something about it. But to make a long story short if I add up everything that I had to pay I would say that I am out close to 1k because of this "issue"! Now Ms. Z (actually it starts with a G) had to be talked into buying this boat. And then she gets it and loves it, but then the story soured and she is NOT happy now. And this money could be used to take a vacation to Tampa! Now it is gone. I offered simple solutions and they were rejected, I offered construtive criticism and it was ignored. And the funny thing is that I am not the one out of the most amount of money and had they listened to me they wouldn't have been either. And because they aren't listening to me I promise you it will get worse. Only this time I am smart, I got educated and I won't make this mistake again. I just feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting soul who...........will get educated!

JesseC
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Zegm,
please keep us updated on your situation. I really appreciate you sharing your situation with is, this will definately help others in the future. Someone really needs to resolve your situation as I am sure you are not the only one beginning to lose faith, many of us would like to see this cleared up properly.

I hope you took my above post as a good natured ribbing among friends. I plan to make the Atlanta Jamboree next year and I will keep an extra yuengling in the cooler with your name on it.

kaneboats
07-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Welcome a- board, Mrs. Z.

zegm
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
MrsZ???? Welcome aboard!!!!!
Glad to have people that own VW's and Chevy's!!!!

zegm
07-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Jessie,

No I don't, ok me and MrsZ didn't take anything bad!!!! Bring the boat on down to PC and we can have that beer early!!!!