PDA

View Full Version : XLV Gravity Games Surf Set Up

billstephenson
05-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I just switched from a LSV to my new XLV with the Gravity Games Ballast (1200 lbs up front, 750 lbs in each of the back lockers). I have been experimenting with the set-up and reading through the posts to try to get it nailed, but still isn't where I think it should be.

First, in describing the wake plate....Is "UP' with the needle of the gauge all the way to the left (the boat icon with the nose up)? At 90%, is it almost all the way to the left or right?

In the LSV (400 lbs up front, 750 lbs in each of the rears) all I needed to do is adust the wake plate a bit (looking at the gauge 1/2 way between center and the right), drive at 10 mph and the wake was awesome.

I now have the front filled (1200 ibs) and the left sac full ($750 lbs) with the wake plate dead center. I have been told to place bodies on the front left, and add bodies to the rear left as well.

Does it take that much more weight to set up the XLV?

SoTX
05-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes, in answer to your question.
I surf goofy so I load up the driver side of the boat. What I do is fill center ballast, drivers side rear 750 pounder then I have a 1000 pounder under the seat behind the driver. This will make a nice wave. The wave is even better with more weight. Like lots of boddies seated on that side of the boat.
Sounds like you load down the passenger side of your boat. In that case I would sugest one of these in the 540 pound or more range.

04OUTBACK
05-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I have LSV so I am not real qualified for this one... but, have you tried NOT completely filling the 1200 lbs center bag? That might help some..

Pike
05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=saltyoysters;36224]I have just started to unweight my xlv , i ride goofy and do well with just a 750 bag in right back locker and plate all the way up at 10.3 - 10.5 on the p/p. The bioat drives much better now and the boards i use seem to float better at the lower speed .
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/saltyoysters/?action=view&current=lakewakescom_08640.flv[/QUOTE(

What size board do you use and what do you weigh? I use a 5' 6" board and am 6'4" 230 lbs...either there isnt enough weight in my XLV which means crappy wave or the board is too small...cant tell

billstephenson
06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I have been doing quite a bit of experimenting, and it seems best in the XLV to not load the front bag, just the rear 750lbs, run at 10.5 with the wakeplate up to 75%. IF i have bodies, i load all on the passenger side starting in the rear corner working up.

With my CWB Ride we can go all day, with our new Hyperlite Coex (smaller board 4'4") it takes a bit more skill and some extra bodies to build up a hard wake......

tlatoani
06-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I just finally had some success in my XLV, but I am not really happy with the wave. It looks nothing like the one in the vid above. I have a 750 mostly full (hose is too short to fill it totally), and the front filled as well. I may try not filling the front. The next step is to put one of my old 400lb bags in the back corner with the 750. I think the XLV must really need weight.