PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outback white/Brittany...

Odie
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, after waiting patiently since the end of January, the boat finally arrived exactly on time as we expected... delivery at the dealer May 9th (only getting photos up now - computer issues)

has been absolutely fantastic so far, only one glitch - wakeplate failed after approx 3 hours use on the boat (20 hr service it will be checked/fixed) otherwise a wicked experience so far... already 9.6 hours on it (we've been carefully piling time up through the break in period)

cant wait for ski season!

options are as follows:
Tower
Bimini
appearance package
bow filler cushion
front tonneau cover
tower mirror bracket
full cover

PICS:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2r59ovc.jpg
at the dealer

http://i26.tinypic.com/iq9fg5.jpg
on the lift at the cottage first day home

http://i30.tinypic.com/2cgy0rb.jpg
a little fun with the camera

http://i27.tinypic.com/al3uc2.jpg
just off the dock

Sorry for the huge pics... no actual way (that i know of) to resize them on my work laptop (PC still fried)

Ryan

Mikey
05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Very nice lookin boat.We thought about that colour combo as well.Looks good. I like the new look decal as well. I am still kicking myself for not getting a tower mirror bracket as well,hopefully inthe near future.Anyways .Enjoy.

04OUTBACK
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Great looking boat.. I miss my outback sometimes. such a nimble boat..handled so well!
Also, jealous of you guys that get to store your ride on a lift! Sure beats on a trailer at a boat storage place!

bamaspiveys
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I really like that color, combo.

Saw it in the factory tour post from Ian, looks even better on the water.

Odie
05-19-2008, 11:20 PM
thanks for the comments guys. the colour choice was obvious (we bought the boat from a show - and the book was actually surprisingly inaccurate in depicting the colours) luckily our sales guy had pictures of preproduction hulls in many different colour combos so we could get a real idea of what it was going to look like before we committed! took a chance on the new Moomba logo, but im really happy with the way it turned out on the white background...

and yes the lift is great... other than having to crank it up at night, it really affords peace of mind when im not there for 1-2weeks at a time... the boat is locked in the up position, away from the wakes and waves from passing ski boats!

spyder
05-19-2008, 11:24 PM
What lake you on?

deerfield
05-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Odie - Great lookin' Outback! And, yes, having a locked lift keeping that beauty high and dry when not in use is a great peace of mind. Looks like the water level is high. Boat houses in the background seem to be sinking in the lake water. What's the situation? - Deerfield

Odie
05-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Spyder - Lake Papineau - about 20 mins north of Bancroft

Deerfield - thanks! water level was really high at the dealer (shown in the first photo) the dock was literally about 1" above water level... so low that when you walked on it, water flowed through! the ice had only gone out about 2 weeks earlier, and we had such a rapid thaw that it was causing trouble all over the place (the dealership store was flooded completely btw)

water level on our home lake was also about 14" above normal for this time of year, but we have the luxury of two boat launches to choose from, and we ended up having to make our way to the further from the cottage because my bro-in-laws Ford F-350 was starting to get too deep and the boat wasnt even close to being off the trailer at the nearer launch

in the past week, water has dropped approx 6"... and things are looking more normal. most likely around July 1 we'll have to move the lift out a few feet to compensate for the water level...

Ryan

spyder
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Spyder - Lake Papineau - about 20 mins north of Bancroft

Damn, quite the drive =)

We have a place up on Rice Lake.

Odie
05-19-2008, 11:42 PM
definitely a bit of a drive, but the 407 makes me feel better about it :)

Rice Lake is nice i hear, ive never actually been on it!

we're up to 5 Moombas on Papineau now apparently, was talking with another newbie from my lake this weekend, and he told me that was the number he was given by his dealer in Trenton...

not to mention the Nautiques/Mastercrafts... :)

spyder
05-19-2008, 11:50 PM
definitely a bit of a drive, but the 407 makes me feel better about it :)

Rice Lake is nice i hear, ive never actually been on it!

we're up to 5 Moombas on Papineau now apparently, was talking with another newbie from my lake this weekend, and he told me that was the number he was given by his dealer in Trenton...

not to mention the Nautiques/Mastercrafts... :)

Yeah, Rice is awesome.. just it suffers from A LOT of wind that blows up and makes the lake unridable a lot of days.

The Wakeboard presence isn't that big on Rice Lake yet, there are about 3 or 4 Ski/Wake boats out there that I have seen. Surprises me really.

tazz3069
05-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Great Looking Boat. Did you purchase the mirror with the boat. That is a great looking set up. Love the colors. Hope you enjoy.

Odie
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
yes i ordered the mirror with the boat, didnt wanna have to mount/dismount the window mirror bracket everytime i covered the boat... interestingly enough, its not a factory Moomba piece, its from Roswell...

Rae
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Odie the boat looks great and so does the lake that your on. I was wondering if that was a Naylor A30 lift 3000lb. your using?

moomba_armada
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Really a nice looking boat...Congrats.

Odie
05-20-2008, 05:10 PM
thanks for the nice comments guys!

Rae - GOOD GUESS! the lift is a Naylor A36 (3600lbs limit) love the lift, only gripe is with the cranking wheel... takes A LOT of rotations to lift the boat fully out of the water... approx 10 mins solid turning of the wheel from start to finish... not a lot of physical effort, besides just having to rotate it...

the bunks came with 2 x 4" SPRUCE, and we are upgrading to 2 x 6" Cedar later this season

Rae
05-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Odie
I have a A30 lift 3000lbs. I used with my MC barefoot 200 last year. I purchased a new 07 outback from Bay-marine back Jan. picked it up on Apr.18 hope to get out this weekend and put some hours on it. I hope the lift I have will be ok boat dry is 2750lbs, hope I don't have to upgrade to A36 lift or my wife will kill me.
Rae

yager97
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Papineau Lake? is that anywhere near Monck Lake? Monck Lake is near Cardiff. Don't know if any of you have heard about this lake, but my buddy has his cottage on it, and it is very private and always amazing conditions. Might be a little small, but I plan on bringing my boat up to it sometime this summer.

Odie
05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
its probably about an hour away from Papineau at least... Cardiff is on HWY 118 right? pretty sure...

nice area though, been down that way when we run the rally of the tall pines outside of Bancroft...