PDA

View Full Version : XLV Tower?????????

ajsboat
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a 2004 xlv. Since its the first Mobius I have had. I have some questions.

1) Is it normal for the tower to shake when driving? Sometimes when I hit wakes and such it will hit the wind shield, which is about 1". So it shakes pretty good. I have checked the bolts and they seem to be tight, is this normal?

2) How strong is the tower. The sticker says only 1 wakeboarder at a time. Can you pull 2 wakeboarders at a time or a tube. I see other boats pulling tubes or more than one wakeboarder. Is the tower on the xlv not as strong as other boats. The guy how I bought the boat from said do NOT PULL A TUBE with the tower. I was wondering why not when I see other boats doing it all the time.

SoTX
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Well I can only speak for my 05. The tower is like a rock. Very steady. I pull 2 wake boarders all the time and I pull a 3 seater inflatable for the kids all the time. No problems at all. I probably should use the ski post for the tube but I never do and I have never had a problem. I would have the tower checked by a professional. That's my .02

tlatoani
05-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I could be totally wrong here, but I think the 05 tower is different. I have an 05, and it rattled quite a bit until I tightened up the bolts. Now it swings a bit in big chop, but just because I have a ton of weight on it.

It is generally advised to NOT tow a tube from a tower. That said, when I pull my son (4yo) we use the tower. He doesn't go fast or do anything crazy, and pulling from the tower keeps the rope from dragging and spraying him in the face the whole ride. It is a lot less force than a wakeboarder when he rides.

For a real tube ride you should use the pylon. If not, watch out for submerged tubes and check your bolts well.

ajsboat
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the info.

I know the the 04 and up towers LOOK the same, but maybe there made differently.

I also might be wrong but I think the the xlv and the lsv have different towers.

spyder
05-19-2008, 11:26 PM
on my 06, i could kick the hell out of the tower and it would not budge.. I really don't think they should move.. Maybe call your dealer?