PDA

View Full Version : First Outting of the Season

JesseC
05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I enlisted the help of a few friends to get the Mobius out of the garage this weekend. Well, when it came down to zero hour to get it out of the garage, everyone somehow had something come up, so it came down to the wife and one buddy. Many of you are familiar with the “Winch” system I have to use to get the boat out, so a few extra hands are always needed (Follow links in my signature to see the process). Got the boat out without a single problem, pulled the emergency lanyard and kicked the engine over a few turns to move the oil around. Put the lanyard back in and turned the key, and before the engine turned over a full rotation, she fired and purred like a kitten…..so take that all you carb haters!! I will take my holley over a computer and fist full of sensors any day!!! Took her to the lake and enjoyed a wonderful ride on the lake. Only issue is a cracked bilge pump and electrical issue with the light bar. Seems to be drawing too much power and causes perfect pass to “reboot”. Air temp was 79 and water temp was 71…I wussed out and did not get in the water. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

deerfield
05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Jesse - Good to hear that your carb-powered Moomba fired right up and you had a great day on the lake. Friday after work we husstled up to our lake. It was breezy and the water chilly, so we cruised around and then stopped for dinner. Enjoyed just being out, even if we were only on and not in the water. - Deerfield

JesseC
05-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks, I just had to throw the carb comment in there. They seem to get a bad rap and I have never had an issue with the Mobius. I am not against the EFI models at all and would take one without a second thought, just felt the need to stir the pot this morning.

On another note, my wife said what every man wants to hear!! It was the second best thing she could have possibly said and I quote "Honey, I think we need a bigger boat." So there may be an EFI model in my near future!!!

Mikey
05-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Good to hear you got you boat out,without issues. We got ours out yesterday as well.Had to try out our baby and try out the new PP. Once it was set up and calibrated it seems awesome. My wife is happy so life is good.Our/my issue was water temp,58degrees with 77 air temp,needless to say i got to try out my new drysuit which i got previos to xmas.It works GREAT only had to quit after i couldn't feel my feet anymore.It was a good day all and all.

Limishowman3
05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow, first outing of the season just now. My first was about mid-March. I didn't even have to use a wet suit. Though the second time we went out in March it felt better to be in the water than when riding. But I just got home from college and have been out 3 times in the past two weeks. Where do yall reside for hitting up the lake?

Mikey
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Alberta Canada and 2weeks ago we had 10 inches of snow again .Admittedly we are usually a couple weeks earlier but the lake i went to is a controlled lake and i had to wait for it to be filled as well.We have a ski hill that is only closing this weekend as well. Not from lack of snow but lack of interested skiers.

Limishowman3
05-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Hmm, I think I will just stay here in Texas. Our season last pretty long. I have a friend who goes out during the Christmas break with a wetsuit. We will get some days in the winter where it is 80 degrees outside. Well I hope your season stays good for ya.

tazz3069
05-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Jesse--
Good to hear that everything went OK. I myself can not get on the water until the first week of June. I am heading to Colorado for 5 Days. It is my wifes family reunion. My boat is finally finished. I have pictures in my gallery. I want to say thanks for all your help. My impellor should be here this Wednesday. That will be the first thing to do when I get back to Vegas. Again thank you very much. Sorry to hear about the lights I hope I do not have any problems with mine.
Mark

JesseC
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow, first outing of the season just now. My first was about mid-March. I didn't even have to use a wet suit. Though the second time we went out in March it felt better to be in the water than when riding. But I just got home from college and have been out 3 times in the past two weeks. Where do yall reside for hitting up the lake?

I am in Central Alabama about an hour south of Birmingham. I am a Florida transplant and I can not stand the cold!!

Tazz,
glad to be of help. I have built another wiring harness for the tower lights to try and avoid the problem. Will keep you updated.

04OUTBACK
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Glad you got her out! AND You're wife uttered your second fave words!

I rode Saturday with some Friends over at Eagle Lake... AWESOME! GLASS and no other wake boats! Got my crew together Sunday and went to home river, PEarl River... UUUGGGGH! Windy, HEAVY CURRENT due to heavy rains this week, logs/debris in river, too many sunday drivers out, broke my surfboard rack going back on the trailer... NO FUN DAY.. I guess I got spoiled on Saturday...

And of course, Memorial Day wknd has the be the busiest weekend on the water. I WILL Ride, but will probably be early or late in the day!

Good luck on taking the wife boat shopping!!

Limishowman3
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Yah I'm choosing to work the memorial day weekend instead of riding. Got to make money pay them dang gas bills right. Hopefully I can go Thursday.