PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - How to Question

shulaj
05-18-2008, 10:03 PM
This is my first spring with my 2007 LSV. I forget how to do this.
It has dual batteries and I reconnected them after dealer unhooked positive cables (one large wire for each battery plus two for the huge JL Audio Amp.

But I cannot get my Accessory Switch to light up so I can power the stereo. I thought maybe I needed the key in. When I trun the key, the dash lights come on...and I can quickly turn it to hear engine crank, but no accesory light switch and therefore no power to stereo.

HOW DO I GET MY Accessory Toggle Switch and therefore STEREO TO WORK?

Hints: I also cannot get my docking lights to work, but I think maybe they only work if engine is one. Also, I recharged the batteries and I have 75% on them...so it should be fine...shouldn't it?

Is my battery a DEEP CELL Battery as I charged it on 2amp Deep CELL.

My dealer did the winterizing.

Right next to the two batteries I have that dial for the batteries so I can choose 12'oclock position for both batteries or 9'oclock and 3'oclock for front or rear battery. I tried all three positions.

My stereo usually works when i press the ACCESSORY switch on the dashboard, but I cannot get any power to the stereo. Is there a trick?

tlatoani
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Did you trip a breaker on the dash switch?

SanMarzano
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Did you trip a breaker on the dash switch?

There is also a breaker in my boat right next to the battery.

shulaj
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I pushed all the rubber breaker buttons in on the dash incase one tripped and nothing. To reset the breakers, don't I just push them in? Is there any other breakers anywhere? I also pushed n the red button for the amp I think it was.

Any suggestions? Should the docking lights go on without the motor running?

SanMarzano
05-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Docking lights work without the moter running. Did you find the breaker next to the battery? That breaker send power to your dash

shulaj
05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
It was the breaker next to the battery. You do not just push in the red breaker button, you must ALSO flip up the small tab. That did it....and actually Kevin from Club Royale in Michigan found it for me. FANTASTIC SERVICE ONCE AGAIN from the best boat dealer I've ever used. Love those guys. Can't say enough. They are simply the best...and Kevin puts in the BEST aftermarket stereo's on the planet. I've got JL Audio. Luv it.