PDA

View Full Version : Walk Thru Curtain

lockar
09-11-2003, 05:05 AM
I am thinking about buying a new moomba outback '04.

Should I go for a bowcover or a walk thru curtain?

Can someone please send me a picture of a walk thru curtain, because don't know what is like.

moombamania
09-11-2003, 08:40 AM
We have an 00 Outback with the walkthru curtain. It snaps onto the side walls and them snaps to the walk thru window. This has been a life saver on evening runs and coctail cruises. it reall shuts the air flow down, while still allowing easy access to the bow for docking.

If you leave your boat in all season I would recomend the bow cover for protection however for evening comfort the curtain works like a champ.

lockar
09-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Is there still air running through the underside of the curtain? Or is the walk thru completly sealed?

Yellowmobius
09-12-2003, 07:22 AM
I have a bow cover and although I don't have experience with a curtain I think I would prefer the cover. I like the looks and if you ever have small kids on board they like to use it as a fort. Of course the bow cover is great for keeping the wind out. Bow cover + heater makes for very nice (and fun) evenings onthe boat.

moombamania
09-12-2003, 08:44 AM
The curtain does not create an air tight seal. The snap lines are on each vertical in the walk thru and along the flip window top. There are no snaps on the floor.

I would say this knocks down >95% of air movement, enough that on a cool evening ride we do not notice it in the captain's or spotters area.

I agree with yellowmobius, for a more complete air tight answer the bow cover probably works best. We just wanted easier access to our fender storage and bow tie's and can gain quick access by opening window and stepping over curtain.

lockar
09-20-2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks guys! I think I go for the bowcover