PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Ibex

gt9118
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Has anyone rode the Ronix Ibex yet? Just picked one up. Ended up going with his brothers boots instead of the matching Reliks. (didnt like how low cut the relik is) I am currently riding the obrien cartel with 3DS boots. Cant wait for the weekend.

pickle311
05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
that board has an insane rocker, hope you like it, it doesn't fit me at all

Chefwong
05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Let me know how you like it. I've been riding a CWB Absolute since 03, made a switch from the platnum to the regular in 06 for my knee's (The regular is foam core, much softer landings), and the Ibex I saw at the boat show. I was very interested in trying the board out, but none of the shops around here do demo rides.

Limishowman3
06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
How do you like your Ibex board? I was interested it, but haven't been able to demo it yet.

csmsk
06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I just picked up an Ibex 144 on Memorial Day weekend for 25% off. This weekend was the first time I had a chance to ride it. I'm using '08 Ronix One boots.

This board ROCKS!!! I was concearned about it slipping out on me easily with such a smooth center (no molded-in channels) but it carved as great as my '04 Parks. The pop was sweet and the landings were super soft, but I expected that. What was so surprising is that this board doesn't catch an edge (as in face plant city)!!! I purposely tried to tweak an edge on some surface 360s (I know, I'm an idiot) and just couldn't. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I can usually make any board slam me down by catching an edge the wrong way, but the Ibex just smoothly spun through it.

I highly recommend this board to any agressive rider. You won't be dissappointed!!!