PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump

canuckskier
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey guys and gals, Happy Spring!

Just put my boat together ('06 Outback) and everything seems fine, I am going to go lake test it this evening, anyways, after I installed the battery I ran the blower bilge etc.. to see if everything worked. All was well EXCEPT when I hit the ballast empty switch, no noise. I was under the impression it is in the left rear near the rear storage. I checked the connections under the dash, and all was good under there. Any suggestions?

Thanks, and hope everyone has a great summer ahead of them.

Cheers

TL7
05-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Same thing happened to ours (07 Outback). The pump was dead. Replaced the pump under warranty. There are also fuses under the dash near the switch. May want to look there first.

canuckskier
05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Figured it might be one of the two things you mentioned, I wasn't aware where the fuse was. Thanks very much for the response.

Tripled
12-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Was a fuse the answer? Where is the pump? I'm wondering how to get to mine?

dkremp
12-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Hi Tripled, You are responding to a post from 2008. I assume you have an 06 Outback as well? the Emptying ballast is Starboard side aft the gunnel wall before the trunk on the floor. If you put the year and model of your boat in the signature of your profile it saves you having to explain.