PDA

View Full Version : How much water is in your boat at the end of the day

SanMarzano
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Was just wondering.....Seems like when I take the boat out if I manually thrown on the bildge pump I get between 1-2 gallons and then when I pull the rear plug and put it on an angle I get another 1-2. And this is on a day with no sack's or swimming. Just crusing. Does this seem like a lot or possible leak?

Do the 07 Outback V's have a dripless packing gland?

Nboard10
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I would guess that you have a leak. I had the same problems last year. I had hoped I had a faulty fat sack. When I checked all those, I hoped it was the shaft packing. I had that replaced and still had a leak.

This spring, I had the through hull fitting for the shaft dropped down and sealed. And the shaft packing replaced again. It seems to have taken care of the problem. I would check both of those things.

If possible, take your boat out of the water and wipe down the outside. Once dry (might take a bit) pour some water into your boat (painfully!) and look at anything that is through hull, watch for water. Also check your shaft packing.

After a good day of wakeboarding, my crew in and out of the water, I would say I have 1 to 2 inches of water in the engine compartment.

Good luck!

SanMarzano
05-18-2008, 10:19 PM
So I found a leak today. Its the Master ballast pump right above the hole in the hull. I couldn't tell if it was the fitting or the pump itself due to the angle. I turned off the main copper hard valve before the pump and it stopped. Guess it will be fixed at my 20 hour service