PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a MobiusLSV 04

Bfrank
09-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Just bought a Mobius LSV, Yellow, 320 EFI. I am so freakin pumped it's all I think about before I go to sleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up. I get to pick it up on the 20th, two weeks. I cannot wait two weeks................

Catdog1
09-09-2003, 01:44 AM
Congrats, man.

And it will keep getting better!

waterboy
09-09-2003, 02:34 AM
And it'll be the longest 2 weeks of your life! :p Post a pic when you get it home.

Brian

DanB26
09-09-2003, 10:05 PM
:p i just ordered a new Gravity games XLV a few days ago realy stoked never owned a boat and only wakeboarded 3 times well looks likes its time to learn hope the boat is all they say it is !!!!!! i show pics asap glad to be part of the club

waterboy
09-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Congratulations to both of you.....I hope you enjoy your new toys as much as my wife and I enjoy ours. We used to ride dirt bikes together which was a blast, but we couldn't take any friends with us. The thing I like most about the boat is we can share with our friends, have fun together, and turn on some poeple that have never skied or been wakeboarding before.
Plus we own a Moomba! :)

Brian

CWS_Kahuna
09-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Congratulations guys.

cola
09-12-2003, 07:58 PM
bfrank,

Congrats on your new boat. Did you buy it at Island Marine? I just bought an '03 Outback LSV, also yellow, from them and I'm nothing but stoked. They have treated me real well and service was first rate. I'm also in Ventura, on the east end. I thought I had the only Moomba around. Everyone around here is stuck on the overpriced Malibus from Tillys(who sucks!)Anyway, drop me a line if you want to hook up and hit the water. [email protected]

Bfrank
09-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Cola,
I bought it at Water Ski Boats Dallas. I tried to get it at Island Marine, they were really nice guys but high on price. I had given up and almost bought a Malibu Boat. Visited my sister in Dallas and for giggles walked into Water Ski Boats Dallas, his price was less for a fullyloaded 04, I ordered it on the spot.
Anyway, this boat is awesome,the motor pulls a big big guy out of the water like a little girl. The boat is so pretty I am scared to death to get a scratch on it. I have been in it every free minute I have. I have 14 hours on it now and I just learned to Wake Board. Wake Boarding is so much more fun than Skiing.

These boats are so nice, I am a very pleased customer.

Brian,
We rode dirt bikes too, my son just stopped racing. Now we are going to getting hooked on this and it is starting out great.

waterboy
09-29-2003, 02:33 AM
That's cool.....I'm glad to hear you enjoy it so much. I have to say we do miss the dirt bikes a little, but with the boat you can always bring along your friends. That's something we couldn't do before since none of our friends had bikes. Now it doesn't matter and they can come along for ballast :p or ski or wakeboard or kneeboard, whatever they want. It's just so much more of a social thing, I guess. Yellow Moombas rock!

Brian

Shawn
10-18-2003, 12:06 PM
We are ordering an 04 Mobius LSV also, but we are not sure of the motor TBI 320 or MPI 330? Any influance to one or the other?

lowdrag
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Before you make a motor choice, one of the things you may want to check is recommended fuel. The 310 carb will run on 89 octane pump. I'm not sure about the 320 but I'm betting the 330 will require premium.

Another thing to think about on the XLV is size. I was talking to the dealer I bought my d-drive mobius from and he said it weighs something like 4200 or 4300 pounds. Add in 1000 to 2000 pounds of ballast plus people and gear and the extra money for premium may be worth the extra horsepower.

By the way, congrats to all you who are getting a new XLV. Awesome boat. I was drooling over the one at the dealership. The tower on that thing looks like you could use it to lift the entire boat. Unfortunately, too much money for me and I'd take a hit on the mobius I bought a few months ago. That and the fact I think I'd need to get a new truck to pull the 5000+ pounds that it weighs with the trailer. But for those of you that can do it, enjoy!

Shawn
10-19-2003, 11:56 AM
That's a great point lowdrag, I think I will stick with my original thought and go with the TBI. Less complicated to work on and I already went overboard enough on options.

Thanks Again Lowdrag

CWS_Kahuna
10-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Shawn,
I think the 320 TBi will be fine. I have the 310 Carb in my 2001 Mobius and I have never felt the need for more power, even weighted down, with ballast and 9 people in the boat.

Schmo
10-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Orginally posted by lowdrag

Before you make a motor choice, one of the things you may want to check is recommended fuel. The 310 carb will run on 89 octane pump. I'm not sure about the 320 but I'm betting the 330 will require premium.

Another thing to think about on the XLV is size. I was talking to the dealer I bought my d-drive mobius from and he said it weighs something like 4200 or 4300 pounds. Add in 1000 to 2000 pounds of ballast plus people and gear and the extra money for premium may be worth the extra horsepower.

By the way, congrats to all you who are getting a new XLV. Awesome boat. I was drooling over the one at the dealership. The tower on that thing looks like you could use it to lift the entire boat. Unfortunately, too much money for me and I'd take a hit on the mobius I bought a few months ago. That and the fact I think I'd need to get a new truck to pull the 5000+ pounds that it weighs with the trailer. But for those of you that can do it, enjoy!

I have an 04 Mobius XLV with the 340MPI engine and I don't regret getting it for a minute. There is no mention that it requires anything higher than 89 octane and have not seen any ill effects from running that grade.

I am sure glad that when we got our Expedition about 8 months ago that we got the bigger engine in that. We originally piked out the 4.6 with towing capacity of 5500lbs but decided to go with the 5.4 with a 8900lb towing capacity. Considering this thing ways slightly over 5000lbs on trailer, my last minute decision was a good one. :)

Some pics of my baby:
http://schmo.no-ip.org/Pics