PDA

View Full Version : 2005 XLV Bimini Top

JBMoombaMan
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey guys can someone post a few pix of the mounting of your factory bimini tops? I just purchased the Great Lakes factory bimini top for my 2005 XLV and I am not sure how the damn thing mounts to the boat. The directions say everything attaches to the tower. Does anything mount to the fiberglass? The directions are not very clear. Some pictures would help. Thanks!

Aquaholic
05-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Mine has 2 aluminum clamps the go onabout middleway on the bottom arch of the tower. I mounted the 4 small U shape clasps to the tower because I think it looks better and is a stronger attaching point. Sorry I don't have any pics. Did your kit come with the 2 plastic black mounts with a knobed screw? If so one option is to pop-rivot them into the tower. its not the best solution.

I know where you can get the aluminum mounts that look great. One is the dealer and the other is diy.com. My dealer has a few pair on hand if your interested www.alabamawatersports.com

If you need anything I'll do my best to help.

Aquaholic

Aquaholic
05-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Pic's of clamps and U shaped clips mounted on tower.

JBMoombaMan
05-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the pix. Yes I do have the black plastic brackets with the knob. I installed them with screws tonight and you are right they are crap. I will give Eddie a call at Alabama Water Sports to see if I can get the nice brackets from them. I also picked up one of the Moomba tower mirror arms from them and the arm looks great but the small piece where the mirror mounts does not fit tight on the shaft of the arm. The mirror is loose and whants to rotate down. I will ask Eddie what is up with that in the morning. I wish I asked if the mirror arm was aluminum or steel. I think the steel/chrome arm will rust before the end of the summer. I guess we will find out.