PDA

View Full Version : 1st ski of year!!!

Matt Glenn
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Just had my 1st ski of the year this weekend and it felt great. The water was a little cold/ being up north sucks!! My new ski ( Radar Annex) was sweet. !st time up felt like I didn't have to make any changes it was just faster and held a better edge then my other ski.

Sled491
05-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Matt, you makn' me jealous! While I'm warmer were I'm working this week, I'd rather be skiing. Now onto your new ski. There was plenty of talk amongst us skiers about the Radar's. What did you ski before? What length is the ski and how much to you weigh and what speed do you ski at?

Trying to decide on the new Radar myself.

Matt Glenn
05-12-2008, 06:16 AM
I skied a HO Nitro. It is still a sweet ski. I stuck with a 67". I'm about 180#, 5'9" ski at about 28 off at around 35 mph. I will be selling my HO Nitro now which looks still brand new. If there is any one intrested just post a reply.

Sled491
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
So I went to a 68 a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if I should go to the 67 or 69. I'm 190 5'10" ski at 36 mph 15 - 22 off. I ski a 68 Obrien Siege right now, but like I've said before I think I'm skiing a bit beyond the ski, so I'm looking to move back up.

tazz3069
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I ski a connely F1X 69" I am 6' 180lbs. Not sure at what speed I ski at. Wife is still getting use to driving the boat. I had an HO Mach TRX 67" I learned to Salom on that ski.

newty
06-04-2008, 12:29 AM
How is the wake on the LSV for skiing? I just got my first pull of the season behind my buddies new Outback V. The wake was pretty stiff. Can anyone tell me how my lsv wake will be compared to the Outback? I've heard that its a little bigger but much softer.

Graeme
06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd like to know how the LSV is for skiing too. I am looking at buying my first inboard, and looking at the LSV because of the room and seating setup. I like boarding, haven't tried surfing, but love surfing in the ocean. But I really do love slalom, and want to know if the wake will be good for a recreational ski...

Graeme

tazz3069
06-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I have the LSV and enjoy skiing behind the boat. I have the wake plate all the way down.

zegm
06-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Graeme,

We went from a very old and very light MasterCraft to the LS. We were going to get a V drive because we fell in love with the layout and room. But talking to several skiers at the Atlanta Boat show they convinced us to go DD. The boat still has a phenominal amount of room and the wake, while bigger than the MC is not bad. To clarify this somewhat my wife took me through the course and thinking back about it I don't remember crossing the wake. If the wake had been a problem I am sure I would have some memories and issues. We also put the Slalom Plate down (I believe this thing is incorrectly named as wakeplate, you use it when you want to ski and don't when you want a big ole wake!).