PDA

View Full Version : Swivel seat mount

jimmygjr
05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Looking for a swivel seat mount to replace the sliding mount in 07 lsv.
Does anyone know of any options or part numbers that might be just a bolt on application. If there are any other options that you know of let me know.
Thanks

tprkolbas
05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
i asked my dealer if moomba makes a swivel seat. they said it wasn't an option. let me know if you find any aftermarket part that works because i'm interested too.

csmsk
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I'll second that! That's about my only gripe while I'm chillin' on the water and I hafta swing my left leg up over the seat back to converse with the other people in the boat. Someone out there HAS to have a solution...

cab13367
05-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Is there room for the seat to swivel? Won't the seat back hit the gunwale/throttle?

How about this?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=37134&pdesc=Locking_Swivel&cname=Boat-Seat-Pedestals-Sliders&aID=11E&merchID=1009&r=view

jimmygjr
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Dont know about hitting the throttle but that looks like it would work with some modification. I might order and try it. I was just hopeing for a factory soulution. I have heard that maybe supra had a mount that would work.

chillyx
05-09-2008, 04:55 PM
If anyone finds a solution please let us know

Razzman
05-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm definately interested in seeing if this works as well! I hate laying the leg across the seat too!

rbc_racing
05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
The swivel from overtons is to small, I've got one sitting in the garage from when I was going to try it. the supra swivel at least in the 2007's won't work either, it's about 6 inches tall, so it will raise the seat that much. I might break out the welder and make something out of the overtons piece, I just need to figure out somethings

newty
05-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Ive been looking into this myself. The problem I've found is the seat will hit the gunwale or throttle when you spin the seat. So.. you have to find a swivel to mount to the bottom of the seat slide. Like the older Malibus you have to slide the seat all the way foward and then swivel it. It should swing away from the gunwale. Then slide back to fit. Food for thought.
I too HATE the way the seat digs into my leg when hanging out!

jimmygjr
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I wont have time to do it yet but here is what I figured. The overtons bracket is 5 1/4 bolt hole so not a direct bolt up but if you look at the bottom of the seat the mounts are mounted to the boat on one side and a piece of HDP black plastic on the other side. Measure the black plastic and order another piece on line, (same stuff as cutting board). Remove the old one from the seat and mark all the holes on the new piece of plastic. The old piece should still be mounted to the seat rails. Mount the swivel to the old piece and new piece on top of the swivel then mount the new piece of plastic to the seat. So essentially the HDP plastic that is on the seat now is removed and a new piece put in its place and the swivel is in between. So you will have a sandwich of plastic / swivel / plastic. Now the seat will be higher, the height of the swivel and new hdp plastic but should only be an inch or so, and if the seat will not clear the throttle then you can shift the swivel on one of the HDP plastic pieces to the side by a small amount to compensate. I wont be able to get to mine for a week or so but its simple, no welding, and should be under 50 bucks. My only concern wil be the swivel is a little small but I am going to give it a shot.

jimmygjr
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Ignore spelling I was in a hurry, sorry

rbc_racing
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
My seat attaches directly to the rail, so I'm not familiar with what piece of plastic your talking about, but if you figure it out take lots of pictures and let us know your sources for the components.

chillyx
05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
That sounds like it might work. Please document with pictures. I know there are a bunch of us that would like to copy your lead.

moomba_armada
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I´m also up for a group buy if anyone finds that piece.

Razzman
05-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm hot on this as i said before as long as it works good enough to allow reasonable swivel range.

jimmygjr
05-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Like I said cant do it till next weekend but I will take some pics and let you know how it works for me.

chillyx
06-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I've been patiently wating to hear the results to the swivel seat. Has anyone heard?

kaneboats
07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Shoot, I saw a new post on this and got my hopes up too.

jimmygjr
07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Havent gotten to it yet. I work in a tourist driven field and its summer time. I just have not had the time. I have the swivel just not the time. Soon I hope.

zegm
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
has anyone looked under a supra seat or any of the other bling bling boats that have swivel seats? The only problem would be that they would charge you bling bling dollars for the swivel.

ian ashton
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I found this at WestMarine, I'll let you guys know how it works out when I get it;

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/37032/377%20710%201306/0/Seat%20Hardware/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/20/0?N=377%20710%201306&Ne=0&Ntt=Seat%20Hardware&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=18&subdeptNum=37&classNum=563

For $25 its worth a shot!

tazz3069
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Ian--
I like that mount. I wonder if it is the same bolt pattern as our seats?

ian ashton
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry for the slow response on this; I just finally got a chance to play around with this.

What I've found is that the swivel mount is in fact not the same bolt pattern as our seats; but it also appears that the seat tracks can be moved in a touch to become compatible, all that would be required is the drilling of 4 holes in the metal seat mounting plate on the floor, and moving the tracks inward on the bottom of the seat, which is just that black plastic-type stuff.

Here is a pic of the rotating seat mount, compared to my Outback seat tracks. So close, so so close...

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=690&stc=1&d=1216655713

I've finally got a weekend where I'll be in town, so maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to mess around with this and get it to work. If I do I'll be sure to start a new 'How-to' thread...

chillyx
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Looks like the swivel seat idea has died. Has anyone found a solution? Just as an aside, hit a sandbar during a night cruise on Lake Lanier, bummer. Don't know the extent of the damage yet.

ian ashton
10-19-2008, 12:06 PM
I was actually just messing around with mine on Friday. I've got it about 85% complete, I am just changing the way I mount everything. Instead of moving the tracks in on the seat I'm going to keep them mounted in the factory spot and make an adapter plate out of Aluminium to accomodate the size difference. The plate will be 9"x13". I'm mounting the swivel to the floor riser (which is actually fiberglass).

The Supra Launch 20 seat swivel device is really cool, but I can imagine that its pretty pricey.

kaneboats
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey, Chilyx, where you been? Sorry to hear about the sandbar. Hope it's not too serious. Had a similar incident earlier this year and ended up filing a claim b/c it was pretty serious. Hope you two are doing well. We'll see you next year at the Atl Jam if not before if you join us at Sinclair (in June?).

kaneboats
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm also still interested in your final result, Ian.