PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard upgrade vs. regular prop

chillyx
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get an opinion as to whether or not I should get the wakeboard prop or the standard prop. I've been a life long skier and i'm starting to get into wakeboarding now but i still love to ski. I realize that with the wake prop you lose top end. Is there anyone that has gone thru this already? Any help is welcomed. -C

pickle311
05-05-2008, 06:25 PM
what boat and do you use ballast when you wakeboard? It's all about how much weight you are running. If you think you will ever run over 1000lbs I would highly recommend it. I got it added on my LSV, but I also will be running around 2500lbs of ballast. I don't know anything about skiing, but you will lose some top end.

tazz3069
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I changed my prop. I get a better hole shot now. I also am a skiier and it really pulls me out of the water fast. I really don't need to speed across the lake. Especally with these gas prices.

NateDog
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Upgraded to the wake prop and the whole shot is amazing. Only lost about 5 mph off top end but will still do 40+. Plenty fast.

yearround
05-05-2008, 11:25 PM
i have the wake prop upgrade on my lsv. hole shot is fantastic. wakeboard with stock g3 filled and 8 peeps, pulls up great! top speed at WOT is not close enough to forty to lie and say it is close, about 36 i think. i am getting about 6gph, will know better after the next fill up.

i would like to try/see a different prop, maybe just for fuel economy.

Sled491
05-06-2008, 01:12 AM
The wakeboard prop will give you some spray and a bump at slower speeds for skiing. If you ski 36mph all the time no problem, but if you have any beginners or ski a little slower like 30 - 32 mph you'll find a bit of a rooster. My 4 blade is coming off as I don't wakeboard and the rooster is no good for my kids skiing. No problem for me at 36mph but I'm only 1 of 5 so I really don't count!

chillyx
05-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys for all the info. I'm going to stick with the wake prop. It sounds like the best option for me.