PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KDC-232MR question (headunit)

mvd
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Are all Kenwood radio headunits equiped with an wire remote?
I have an KDC-232MR headunit and want to change that for another kenwood model.
Here in europe we have RDS (radio data system) that gives you the name of the station your are listing to. I want to change the 323MR for an european model but don't know if i can keep the original wired remote.

What is the name of this remote system?

Any information would be helpfull

tazz3069
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I changed mine out for the KDC-MP435U. It works with the boat remotes

mvd
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I changed mine out for the KDC-MP435U. It works with the boat remotes

Thanks tazz.

How does this remoteconnection looks on the back of this headunit?I want to compare it with the Kenwood radio's that i can buy here in Europe.
You used the original factory installed remote with this Kenwood. I looked at the back of my headunit but the wirred remote connection looks a bit strange to me.

I downloaded the manual but in can find anything about the wirred remote?
Maybe you can make a picture of the back of this MP435U??

cptmoomba
05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Only Kenwood Head units that are "Marine" rated have the wired remote.

There is a way to convert non marine radio wireless remote sensors by simply soldering a wire to the IR contact on the radio circuit board, but I am not sure that is something most people would want to undertake.

I do know in 2007 that Moomba put a non marine kenwood deck in the Outback model that had this modification.

The MP435U is sort of an exception to the rule because it has a wired input, most models don't.

Hope this helps.

cab13367
05-07-2008, 02:06 AM
mvd,

My understanding is that Skier's Choice sends all their Kenwood head units to a third party to have the wired remote lead installed.

I replaced mine with a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X692 - got a great deal on ebay. It has a wired remote lead to use with cars that have steering wheel mounted audio controls. It's a single wire lead and it works with the remotes that come on our Moombas.

Click on the link below (or copy and paste it to your browser) and scroll down to the pic of the back of the unit. The single wire labeled "Remo. Cont" is the one you would connect the wired remotes to.

Hope that helps.

Al

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures.php?id=11765

mvd
05-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Hi guys,

This information helps.

I got an answer from Kenwood in Europe.

All headunit with following numbers are designed to work with the KCA-M50MR remote

KDC-W4041
KDC-W5041
KDC-W5541
KDC-W6041
KDC-W6541
KDC-W7041
KDC-W7541
KDCBT-8041
KDC-W9537

So if the headunit has an OEM WIRED REMOTE it should work with the KCA-M50MR (remote)