PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Mobius

Rob Daniel
07-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Just purchased a used 1999 Moomba Mobius "Pro".
At certain speeds the boat seems to list to the port side.

Can anyone let me know what I might need to do to "fix" this?

The boat has a "ballast" system. I do not have the original boat paperwork. Can anyone tell me more about the "ballast" system? Is it front and back, only back etc...?

Thanks,

Rob

hamiltonjct
07-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Occasionally, I get a list to one side although it is not related to the ballast. Check the balance of the load (people) in the boat. If you have more weight on one side of the boat it will list very badly. You may notice that if the ballast is completely full it will help reduce the problem but it will not fix it completely.

As far as the ballast "Big Bertha" system, the tank(s) are located beneath the floor of the back trunk. IRC they hold 40-50 gallons, which equated to about 400lbs.

Later,
Jonathan

Rob Daniel
08-17-2002, 12:18 PM
I have checked to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed in the boat. The boat pulls straight at low to medium speeds. But when it has a lot of pull (wakeboarder) or at higher speeds, it will list to the right. If I let go of the wheel the boat will straighten out, but will arc to the left?

Can someone give me a clue?

99' Mobius Pro

"Art is long and time is fleeting"

11-05-2002, 05:51 PM
the prop turns in one direction depending on the prop it will go ethir left or right, if u have a "right hand prop" it will go to the right ect..

DOCDRS
11-06-2002, 01:57 AM
the ballast system has two tanks below the rear storage compartment. A front, left button and a rear ,right button operation. There is one large pump to fill both tanks and a pump at the bottom of each tank to drain them. if you live in a cold climate , make sure you pour plumbing antifreeze in each discharge outlet as all the water does not get pumped out of the lines and the discharge motor housings can freeze and crack

great skiing boss,

boarder footer skier

tn_viper
03-05-2003, 01:43 PM
You mention that when you are pulling hard with a wakeboarder that it lists. Is the wakeboarder on the right side? I know that when I am pulling someone from the Cage and they are pulling out hard it will make the boat list to the side they are on.