PDA

View Full Version : New format?

bambam26
05-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Okay is it just my PC or everyone's? I have this new format that is far less user friendly then the old one!!!!!!! I just dont care for it like the other format and hope I get used to it, because I can tell that it will be far less frequented then the old one just because it is so less user friendly... What does everyone else think of it? Bambam

jmvotto
05-03-2008, 06:55 AM
ditto on the spel chk

tazz3069
05-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Just saw the new format. I loast mu avitar photo.

davidl
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey BAM, How we do'n ?.....Ended up putting a Z-5 Rack on, It looks great!!

bambam26
05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Lets see a pic of that David.....I am well thanks, looking forward to a bit better weather still but did manage a day on the water for more breakin hours. One more trip should do it and I should be pulling some boarders and skiers soon if we ever get some decent weather.

davidl
05-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I here ya brother!! We have snow one day 70 degree the next? Wheres Al Gore win ya need him? I will get some pics to you soon, I am leaving to Chicago tomorrow for a few days (work) .....Take care....David

JesseC
05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I absolutely love the new forum. There are a lot more "quick links" and if I sign onto the board and do not have time to read all of the posts, I can sign off and sign in later and still see the unread threads. The old board pretty much marked them all read after signing off. I like the new one much better.

deerfield
05-03-2008, 10:38 PM
David - Chicago is my town. If you have time for a cup of coffee or lunch, let me know. I have an office in the financial district (LaSalle Street) and will be there Tuesday - Thursday. It's a great city. Hope we have good weather for you. - Deerfield

csmsk
05-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm starting to get used to this new format, and for the most part like it. However, I really dislike the thread marker system. I liked that the old system cleared the "unread" markers every time you left the site. Now I have to check way too many threads because they are almost ALL marked as "new posts" even though I've already read them. It's annoying. And what's a "Hot Topic" anyway?

JesseC
05-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm starting to get used to this new format, and for the most part like it. However, I really dislike the thread marker system. I liked that the old system cleared the "unread" markers every time you left the site. Now I have to check way too many threads because they are almost ALL marked as "new posts" even though I've already read them. It's annoying. And what's a "Hot Topic" anyway?

I had the same problem. I had to "Mark all threads read" in the Forum Tools the first time I signed in on every one of the groupings, I have not had that problem since. Now I just see the new posts. As you finish reading a group, click the mark all threads read dropdown and go to the next group. Kind of a pain but you only have to do it once and then it will act like the old board.

csmsk
05-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks Jesse, I'll give that a try.

Sled491
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't seem to be getting the follow up emails letting me know when people are adding to threads that I added to. I know it's easy to add pics now but I can't figure out how to change the size. I'm still 50/50 on it

bambam26
05-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I guess like anything I will grow used to it, I just think I like the old one better. I am familiar with this particular style and the one thing I really liked about the old one is it seemed really quick and easy as compared to this style. Oh well the people are all the same and thats what counts!

Aquaholic
05-04-2008, 02:00 AM
How can I post the pic large like we could with photobucket. The ones I just did are way to small!

MasterMind3002
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm liking the new format. I'm hoping to have some pics of the new ride soon.

tazz3069
05-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I can not get my avitar to work. I tried uploading a picture from my picture album. It is not working. What am I doing wrong. By the way, I like the new format.

tazz3069
05-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I figured it out.

Buttafewcoe
05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
me neither
B

helix_rider
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm frustrated by the 'search' function. It was very versatile previously, sometimes giving too many hits...but now there is that irritating 'type in the letters that are impossible to see' requirement...and then I get no hits on my search...anyone else have this problem?

aintskeered
05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Okay I give up.... can some one poast a help section on the new form.

How Do I?

1 Avitar put it back

2 The photo's Do you just add them from a file on your computer? (havent tried yet)
And what about sizing

3 Spell Check cuz I need it (Please)?

helix_rider
05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Since my previous posting, the 'search' function is drastically improved...thanks!

Waynes345
05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
What time zone are these postings in? Why have a time stamp if it bears no relation to the actual time.